worth it || scenario - biggs

anonymous asked: Hey! Could you write some nice Biggs fluff? Maybe he's trying to ask the reader on a date, but keeps getting interrupted by the other Avalanche members? Thanks! x

he knows that morning when he wakes up that today is the day he's going to confess to you. he's been avoiding it for weeks, and he can't stand silently admiring you from afar. he knows that it'll grant him some relief to his aching heart, even if it ends in rejection - which he's fully expecting.

his first attempt is early in the morning, when he meets you at your house on his way to seventh heaven. his heart is pounding erratically in his chest, nearly leaps into his throat when he hears the door open. the words catch in his throat when he sees you, somehow more gorgeous than usual, but he manages to gain control of his brain and tongue again, and almost spits it out when suddenly jessie appearances, chatting at you animatedly, and the moment has passed.

he next attempts just before lunch time, a single moment presenting itself whilst the two of you are alone, out to purchase groceries for seventh heaven. when the two of you are walking back, he has psyched himself up enough, the words are nearly on the tip of his tongue, an admission of "hey, i really like you, more than a friend", but the wedge appears, peering into the grocery bag in your arms. he starts chanting with excitement at what kind of meals the groceries hint at, urges you faster along the road. the moment has been stolen again.

as the end of the day approaches, he's slightly frustrated but tries his best to remain optimistic. it's inevitable that people will interfere, whether it's intentional or not. there's not much room in the slums, people are always about, and the only opportunity he'll have with you alone is if he gets you in your home. so that's what he does, offers to help you out with changing your filters, and is just about to confess, when tifa walks in with an additional filter, just in case the first is faulty.

his frustration is obvious, and when tifa leaves you enquire as to what's wrong, and the confession slips out before he can even form a coherent response. he's embarrassed at how brazenly he says it, but relieved it's finally out there. his heart starts pounding, because he's about to face rejection, and he braces himself for the words and a broken heart. he doesn't expect your lips briefly pressing to his, so quickly he doesn't even feel it, but he's beyond overjoyed when you tell him you reciprocate his feelings. it was worth it after all.