sleepy actions || headcanon - cloud

anonymous asked: Heya! Could I please send in a request: Cloud's crush falls asleep on his shoulder and then proceeds to full-on cuddle up against him? I live for flustered Cloud 👉👈🥺 thank you!

he doesn't even realise that you're sleepy, let alone about to fall asleep until your head lands heavily on his shoulder. he tenses up immediately, half expecting you to wake up from the harsh impact of your head hitting his shoulder. he panics when you don't, and slowly drops his shoulders so that he doesn't hurt himself, heat spreading up his neck when you nestle your head into his neck.

your breathing is soft and tickles his cheek, and he swallows hard, trying to fight off the offending blush creeping up and staining his cheeks. at any moment someone could walk in through the door, and he'd be subjected to their teasing, knowing smiles. it's no secret now, except to you maybe, that he has a crush on you, and as much as he tries to deny it, his palms are sweaty from the contact and his skin is on fire.

he sucks in a breath when you shift against him, and he frantically wracks his mind for some sort of excuse to explain why he didn't want you up when you do. but what excuse can he offer? would it be creepy if he told you he didn't mind? would you be upset if he told you he just stayed still for all this time waiting for you to wake up yourself.

he tenses again when one of your arms suddenly wraps around his, fingers dancing sleepily over his muscles, whilst the other arm reaches around him and his waist. a content sigh slips past your lips, and your shifting for a comfortable position eventually ceases. you sink into his side, the grips of sleep keeping you in a dreamless unconsciousness.

after another couple of minutes of tense silence, he forces himself to relax, determined now not to move until you do wake up. he'll come up with an excuse eventually, although will he really need to? you always seem to lean into his touch whilst awake, and send sheepish smiles to him when you do. his eyes soon grow heavy, and his head gently falls atop yours, but he's already fast asleep when your eyes shoot open in surprise at the impact.