proposals || headcanon - sephiroth

anonymous asked: A headcanon where Sephiroth proposes to s/o ?🥺 I love your writing so so much !

sephiroth isn't entirely sure how to propose. he knows everyone dreams of their dream proposal, their preferences on who should be there and where it should be. he has no idea what kind of proposal you want, and if he asks you'll almost certainly cotton on.

but he's also heard that it should be impulsive, in the moment where you feel the most love for the person you intend to marry. it has to be the perfect moment, which not only catches you off guard, but him too. he should just be able to say it, out of impulse.

he stresses over when this moment should be, and when he should do it. when he gets home after along mission? during dinner one night? when you're out for a walk together?

the answer comes one morning when he wakes up to you stroking his hair, peering down at him through half opened eyes, a sleep smile on your lips as you kiss him good morning. it slips out of his lips before he's even begun to wake, a simple "marry me" that catches you off guard. you blush and fumble over your words as you ask him if he's certain or just in a bit of a daze, but the firm kiss he pushes to your lips is enough to confirm it's very real.

he realises then that he shouldn't have stressed about making it perfect for you, or if it would be perfect at all, because the joyful tears in your eyes as you whisper yes, before pulling him in for another kiss is enough. it's its own perfect little moment, and he couldn't have done it in a better way.