pregnant || headcanon - sephiroth

anonymous asked: Hi can I request a Head canon of Sephiroth taking care of a pregnant s/o? I need some fluff in my life 😔🥺

he never even thought it would be possible for you to become pregnant, especially after becoming a SOLIDER. he's simultaneously overjoyed at the prospect of having a family with you, and terrified because of what could happen to you. a SOLDIER having a child is unheard of, and the impacts of the pregnancy on the child bearer are unknown too; he feels guilty for putting you in this uncertain position.

he likely worried about you a lot before, but now he worries about you even more. its highly unlikely he'll let you out of his sight when he's around you, and most likely has people on stand by when he's not around to ensure your safety. he'll make sure there's always someone there to look after you and get everything you need, just in case.

he's intensely overprotective of you, and won't let you go anywhere alone, especially in the later months. he wants to make sure you're safe at all times. his work means he creates a lot of enemies, and he certainly won't let you or your child be harmed because of him.

he's a lot more tender with you, and always subconsciously finds him resting his hand on you stomach whenever he's around you. it's reassuring to him to touch your bump, and when he wakes up in the morning after spending the night his arms are always wound around you and resting on the bump.

when he feels his child kick for the first time it shocks him. before then the baby was just a concept, there was no actual proof that it existed except for the bump. but feeling his child alive and kicking ignites a passion for life that he's never felt before, and he feels an all-consuming love for you and the child you're carrying within you.