goodbye || scenario - biggs

anonymous asked: Biggs confessing / kissing reader on the pillar as a goodbye?

You're too panicked to think logically, pressing down firmly on his wounds in a desperate attempt to stop the blood from gushing out of him. He's watching you with glossy eyes, and you wonder if he's already gone, but the reassuring smile he gives you when you turn to him tells you he's alive. He lifts his hand to cup your cheek, thumb shaking as he brushes underneath your eye, swiping away a traitorous tear. Instinctively, you lift a hand to hold his against your cheek, memorizing the feeling of his skin against yours.

"Don't cry," he whispers. You can tell he's weak, but he still tries to be optimistic, for you. "Sweetheart don't cry."

A sob wracks through your body at his words, tears streaming fast down your cheeks as you remove your hand from him and search desperately through the bag attached to your belt for something to stop the blood. But it's empty, and you know it is before you even reach into it. You had used all your supplies to help the other Avalanche members who had fallen on the lower levels of the tower, and you curse yourself, wishing you had saved at least one bandage for him. But you know he'd be unhappy if you did that, wanting you to save others instead of himself.

"Please don't go." The words come out broken, the ache of your heart clear as day. "Please don't leave me."

"I never will, I'll always be with you," he says, but its clear he doesn't mean in life. You chew at your bottom lip, trying to will yourself not to cry - you have to be strong, for him. "I'm sorry I never told you sooner."

"Told me? Tell me what?"

He feels guilty for lumping this on you now, when he's on death's doorstep, but he can't die with regrets. So he uses the last of his strength to push himself up and smash his lips against yours, pouring his love into it. It's sweet and warm, but bitter at the same time, sweet because he's finally kissing the one he's loved most in life, bitter because it's the last time he will kiss you until you return to the lifestream too. When he pulls away, he realises he's crying too.

"I love you."

You press your forehead to his.

"I love you too."

You press your lips against his again, but this time he's cold.