dancing in the rain || scenario - biggs

anonymous asked: Can you right a fic where Biggs' s/o drags him outside to play in the rain?

After so many years of living underneath the plate, rain is something foreign, but exciting and a refreshing change from the years of dust and dirt. The children squeal when they see the rain falling outside, practically begging Biggs to let them go outside - and who is he to refuse? You barely have the opportunity to make sure they have coats on before they're stumbling over each other to get outside, screeching and laughing as they play in the rain in the small community garden opposite the New Leaf House.

You watch from the window, smiling as you watch two of the boys wrestle in the mud, the girls dancing around in a circle and catching the raindrops on their tongues. Biggs slides up behind you, wrapping his arms around your waist and pressing his chin on your shoulder. Your hand automatically comes up to cover his, and you sink into his embrace, a satisfied sigh slipping past your lips.

"Thank you."

"For what?"

"Setting this up with me. I've never seen them so happy."

You laugh to yourself, shaking your head firmly when you see one of the girls slip in the mud and scream with horror.

"I don't think it's the Leaf House that makes them happy - it's the rain."

Biggs hums. "I don't understand why the love it so much - it's colder than I thought it would be."

You giggle, pulling away from his embrace and tugging his hand, urging him to the door. He attempts to resist your tugging, but eventually relents and lets you pull him outside in the pouring rain, groaning as it suddenly grows more torrential. He hisses as fat drops run down his back, but can't help but laugh as you pull him into some silly dancing, eliciting giggles from the children as they watch on. He holds you close, his heart thudding in his chest at the sight of your sparkling eyes and enthusiastic smile, warmth spreading through him despite the cold chill of the rain.

Perhaps he can withstand the rain, if it means he gets to see you dance in it.