upbeat dating || headcanon - vincent valentine

anonymous asked: Can I request a Vincent Valentine x Upbeat! Reader dating headcanon?

vincent's typically a loner, and he's not used to interacting with many people, having mostly stuck to cloud and company when he's required. so he's surprised when you're so willing to interact with him and become his friend, even more surprised when he finds out you too return his affection and love.

he often appears rather aloof, and vincent makes sure you know from the start that that's not the case at all. he cares an awful lot for you, and he'd hate for you to think of him as unapproachable or uncaring. he wants to show you that he cares, and will make sure that you know you can trust him and turn to him in your moments of distress and need.

he's not much of talker either, but to be honest he'd quite happily never talk again in his life if it meant he could listen to you all day. he loves hearing you natter on about this and that, and thinks the way your eyes light up with passion and the flamboyant movements of your arms when you talk makes you look absolutely gorgeous.

seeing you fills him with a lot of joy. he can't remember the last time he's felt so happy, so full of love because he's in love and being loved. it's unfamiliar to him, and admittedly a little bit scary, but he's reassured by your enthusiastic and encouraging nature. it's fills him with confidence, and he knows he can rely on you too.

you're the only person he opens up to, and he finds your reassurances and soothing words immensely helpful. he struggles to deal with his past traumas, or 'sins' as he calls them, and thus having your peppy nature to assure him of his humanity and how much of a phenomenal man he is gives him immense peace. he loves the tender kisses you give him in these moments of uncertainty, and eagerly accepts your hugs and gentle caresses of his hair too. he's never felt safer.