complications in love || headcanon - cloud

anonymous asked: Can you write something with Cloud where he and the reader both like each other but like Cloud thinks the reader is dating/has a crush on Biggs or someone and the reader thinks clouds into aerith or tifa or something? Please and thank you ❤️❤️

you and biggs have a close relationship, so it seems all too obvious to cloud that you must be dating, or at the very least be interested in each other. he doesn't want to get between the two of you, so he respectfully keeps his distance and just admires you from afar. he'll watch you and biggs a lot - none of the others have mentioned whether the two of you are in a relationship or not, and he's not entirely sure himself.

little does he know, however, that you're in a similar position about him and tifa. the two of them have known each other for a long time, and it's clear they're incredibly close. you don't want to disrupt their relationship either, as it's clear to you and everyone else that they have something special there, you're just not entirely sure what that is.

it's painful for biggs and tifa to watch, the two of you skirting around each other even though it's clear the two of you have similar feelings. they'll discreetly try and get you two together, encouraging you to work together on missions or doing mundane tasks together in order to get to know one another. but it's clear you and cloud need a little more prompting, so tifa suggests he asks you about biggs one day, and although he's reluctant to do so, he does.

he's surprised when you react in disgust at the thought of being in a relationship with biggs, he's more like an older brother, there to support and protect you. he makes sure it's clear that he and tifa are just extremely close friends who've known each other since they were kids, that there's no chance of a relationship there for him at all.

cloud is secretly thrilled after the conversation, and even though he awkwardly skirts around you for a couple days, his affection for you grows stronger with each passing day. eventually biggs and tifa take matters into their own hands again, and although it's a clumsy confession on his part, he's overjoyed when you confidently tell him you reciprocate his feelings.