all in the job description || scenario - reno

anonymous asked: Can I request a scenario with Reno with fellow Turk Reader, fighting alongside each other? (like in their fight in Advent Children against the remnants, or something else! Up to you!) Also, love your work!

It's chaos, crowds of people sprinting, fighting to get away from the centre of Edge, some with tears streaming down their faces, others with blood. You can barely get past them, body colliding with another with almost every step you take, and you can already feel the bruises forming. But you know it's going to be nothing in comparison to the injuries you'll receive from that.

It's enormous, utterly terrifying, and your logic tells you that you should turn on your heel and run away with the rest of the citizens. But you're a Turk, it's your job to help protect them, and Reno and Rude have run head first into battle without a second's hesitation. When you finally break through the crowd, Reno and Rude are running towards you, children in their arms and the Bahamut looming above them.

A blue orb is forming at the beast's mouth, and suddenly it's propelled downwards, the fountain it had been perched on erupting into an explosion, throwing Rude, Reno and the children forwards, two flashes of silver right on their heels. The Bahamut roars as you run forward, ushering the children away whilst grabbing Reno's arm, attenuating to haul him to his feet. The two groan, pushing themselves up, shoulders tensing when they hear the chillingly calm voice come from behind you.

"Are we having fun yet, huh?" It's almost mocking, and sends white hot rage through your bones as you turn around, dropping Reno's arm and spinning around.

"The time of my life!" Reno's up in a flash, narrowly avoiding your head as he swings at Yazoo. Rude launches up too, swinging for Loz, grunting with the effort.

For a moment, it seems like the pair have the upper hand, but then Reno sails past you, Yazoo's fist barely centimetres from you when you grab it, instinctively returning his failed punch with your left hand. But he jumps out of the way before your fist can connect with your stomach, and Reno stumbles up beside you.

"When are you gonna call it a day?" he shouts, gripping his baton tight until his knuckles start to turn white.

"What? Just as soon as you give back Mother it'll be the end of everything."

Your lips part in surprise at his words, Reno's glare intensifying.

"Stay here." Before you can even respond to Reno's command, he begins sprinting towards the building Yazoo stands on, using the exposed pipes to scale it, swinging his baton as he reaches the top in a desperate attempt to strike him.

But, agile as ever, Yazoo dodges, landing on the street a couple feet in front of you, towards where Rude and Loz are engaged in a tense hand-to-hand fight. Your legs move before you can think, running towards Yazoo and pulling your gun from your belt, aiming it at his head. The closer you are, the more accurate the hit. He evades your bullet, jumping back onto the building to fight with Reno.

Rude's been cast aside by Loz, and the latter is on you in an instant, jumping to tackle you. You side step him, but he grabs your arm, swinging you towards where Rude, and now Reno, on top of him, lay on the ground. You grunt with the impact of the concrete against your shoulder, gasping for breath as the wind is knocked out of you.

A hand wraps around your upper arm, gently tugging you up, and your gaze meet's Reno's concerned eyes. "You alright?"

"Fine."

He nods, though seems unconvinced as he glances at your shoulder, and turns back to look at the perpetrators as Rude slots a new pair of sunglasses onto his nose. "Mother schmother, Jenova's friggin' head."

"Hey!"

"I will not have you refer to mother that way."

"You meanie!"

Reno nonchalantly brushes himself down, reaching over to you to wipe a spec of blood from your cheek with his thumb, a gentle reassurance.

"Our apologies," Rude says, though his tone is stiff.

"Your ma's cool," Reno adds, casting a glance towards Rude. "What the hell am I saying?"

The pair sprint towards the brother duo again, Reno and Yazoo leaping into the air in unison as Loz receives a hard punch to the jawline from Rude. But the remnants gain the upper hand again, and Loz kicks Reno and Rude far away. They turn to you, a curse slipping past your lips as they launch at you simultaneously. You barely block Loz's fist, and Yazoo's kick to your legs knocks them out from underneath you; but before you can hit the floor Loz grabs your, wraps both his arms around you tight, restricting your movement. He laughs loudly in your ear, shouting "I got her, I got her!".

Despite your struggling and squirming, his grip remains iron tight, and not even a rough elbow to the face makes him slacken his grip. He carries you closer to where Reno and Rude are, the former jumping to his feet when he sees you.

"Let them go!" There's pure venom in his voice, and you've never heard him so angry before.

"Or what?" Yazoo taunts. Reno launches at him almost immediately as the words leave the remnant's mouth, and Loz laughs loudly behind you again, entertained by the sight of Reno being beat up.

Your eyes meet Rude's and he jerks his head back, and you copy his action, putting full force into the headbutt. Loz stumbles, surprised at your action, dropping you immediately, and is swiftly pinned down by Rude. For a moment, you're disorientated, the Bahamut's roar vibrating everything in your body down to your toes, but then your body pushes itself to your feet and you swing for Yazoo, your fist satisfyingly connecting with his jaw. He jumps back, causing Reno to fall flat on the floor by your feet, and Rude is suddenly thrown off Loz, landing to your left.

The brothers stand, share a look, and run off. You move to give chase, but Reno grabs your arm, tugs you to him roughly and embraces you tightly. He holds onto you for a second, before letting you go, pushing you back and gripping your arms as he surveyed you for wounds. His eyes meet yours.

"Sorry, I shoulda done better to make sure you wouldn't get hurt," he says sincerely.

"It doesn't matter. It's all in the job description, right?"

He lets out a laugh, his concerned look morphing into a grin.

"Right. In the job description."