bittersweet memories || scenario - cloud

anonymous asked: Can I request a scenario where Clouds daughter gets taken away from him when she is young. But a few years later they bump into each other and have a fluffy reunion.

He's taken aback at the sight of you, a carbon-copy image of himself, one that was cooed over by women in the street when he walked you down it, dressed up in pastel dresses with big bows. The memories flood back to him, cheeky smiles and tearful blinks, happy times and equally sad ones, cuddles after nightmares and tickles to expel energy. What was now a small, dependent child is now a young, flourishing woman.

But the small slant to her smile is still the same, those big round eyes he used to stare into for hours at the time still as bright and full of admiration, the cheeks he'd pinch when you were mischievous and the hair he'd spend half the evening combing to rid it of the knots. Your hands are bigger now, but he's certain his would still swallow yours up like they used to, and you're much taller than you used to be too, almost challenging his height.

You may physically be an adult now, but you're still his little girl at heart.

And that's evident by the way you rush into his arms, tears streaming down your face like they would when you'd fallen over and scraped your knee. He stumbles back slightly from the force of it, but his arms wind their way around you like second nature, one hand dancing up your back and burying itself in your hair. His fingers push your head closer to his shoulder, into the crook of her neck. Your sob wrack through his body like electrocuting shock waves, and he almost starts sobbing with you, but his eyes gloss over and the tears don't slip past his lashes.

When he pulls away, he holds onto your arms tightly, as if afraid you'd disappear the moment he slackened his grip. He studies you carefully again, cupping your cheek with one hand and using his thumb to wipe away a fresh tear. His heart is pounding in his chest at the sight of you - he can't quite believe that you're there, after all these years, the little girl taken away from him was now back safe and sound in his arms.

And he'd never let her go.