clueless || scenario - reno

anonymous asked: Thank you for writing all these amazing things. Your writing is wonderful! I've been loving it all, especially the Reno stuff. Could I please request a cute clueless daddy Reno scenario where Reno and the reader have a baby which Reno tries his hardest, A* for effort since he's a consummate professional but he hasn't a clue how to dad. Please and thank you.

"Shit," he whispers as his baby girl's face twists, a clear indication she's about to start wailing. He sits up, casting a worried glance at your sleeping form, supporting the baby's head as he rises his to his feet, hobbling out of the room as quickly as possible and closing the door gently behind him. "Don't cry, don't cry, don't cry."

He walks down the hallway, cooing down at her as she starts to cry, slipping into the kitchen and looking around frantically for the bottle he had prepared just minutes ago for her. He grabs it, walking into the adjoining lounge, carefully sitting down onto the couch and wincing when she lets out a particularly ear-piercing wail.

"It's alright, it's alright." He presses the nipple of the bottle to her lips, waiting for her to take it into her mouth, but she just screeches louder, and he pulls it away quickly. Without a doubt you'll have been woken by now. "What's wrong baby? Shh, shh, you're alright."

She lets out another wail, and he adjusts her so she's laying down on his chest, running his hand up and down her back helplessly. She lets out one more piercing wail, before her cries start to subside, blissful silence returning to the home once more. Relief washes over him, partly because he had no idea how to soothe her if she continued crying, and also partly because there's no indication you've stirred from your well deserved rest.

With some effort, he gently shifts himself, peering down at his little girl sleeping soundly on his chest. Fear washes over him, fear because he has no idea how to look after a baby, but he's now responsible for a life, a little piece of him. Fearful of the years to come, what might and might not happen, wondering how he'll be able to match you, an already phenomenal mother, a better parent that he could ever be. But he knows he'll love this little being, this little life who will always be his baby girl, and if that's all he can do, he's going to make sure he proves his love.

"Aw, she just wanted to cuddle with her daddy, huh?"

He tries not to start at the sound of your voice, tilting his head back to peer up at you where you stand behind him, black bags heavy under your eyes. He returns the smile you give him, willingly accepts the gentle kiss you press to his lips, rests his head against yours as you wind your arms around his shoulders, perching your head on his shoulder and staring down at your little girl. A comfortable silence washes over you both as you watch the baby breathe, fingers twitching slightly in sleep, and Reno is amazed at how light the feeling of it is against his bare chest.

"Thank you."

"What for?"

"For giving me her. She's the best gift you could ever give me."

His heart flutters when you press a kiss to his cheek, another to his neck. "No, thank you. It was a two-man job."

He smirks. "Hell yeah it was."

You lightly slap his chest, and he can't help but chuckle, pressing a hand lightly to his little girl's back to keep her still.

"You're gonna be an amazing mother," he says, pressing his head back against yours. "I'm clueless, I'll never be able to compete with you."

"I'm clueless too, you know. We'll work together. We're a team. And you'll be an amazing father, too. She's the luckiest girl in the world to have a man like you loving her. I know that for a fact."