meeting and greeting || headcanon - rufus shinra

anonymous asked: I saw your Rufus headcanon where Hess married to someone who lived in the slums. Can you do another one if those like how they met to where they end up married? Love your work! Gets me through these crazy times

you likely meet rufus at shinra. having slowly worked your way up the ranks during your time at shinra, you'll have gained a reputation, slowly climbing your way up the building until you're on the same floor as rufus. you'll probably meet him by chance, a fleeting moment of crossing paths in the corridor, your superior stopping to introduce you to him.

you pique his interest immediately, and he goes out of his way to interact with you. he'll purposefully walk by your office whenever he needs to go somewhere, even if it means it'll take longer to get to his intended destination. and whenever he does see you, he always goes out of his way to talk to you. he's interested in you, and he wants to know everything about you. he finds it fascinating that you've managed to reach this position considering you're from the slums, and instead of it disgusting him, he's even more interested in you.

eventually he'll start to go out of his way to invite you to have afternoon tea with him in his offices, which will slowly change into 'business' dates in a restaurant, before turning into actual dates in some of the best restaurants you can come across in midgar. he'll shower you in gifts in an attempt to gain your affections, and will offer you things and opportunities that you thought you'd never have in your life.

he finally asks you to be his partner in the most traditional of ways. he asks you in person, of course, that's what the research he did told him to do - it was the best way, apparently. he'll present you with a giant bouquet of roses, whisk you away for a night of luxury and pampering, and then ask you after a passionate kiss later that night. he wants it to be perfect for you, and boy does your relationship to turn out to be the most phenomenal thing he has ever experienced.

he doesn't even consider not marrying you. and he doesn't even ask his father if he can marry you. because he knows you're the one for him and he can;t even begin to imagine a life without you. he doesn't care that you're from the slums, because you're a better person than everyone topside combined, and he wants to be able to give you and your family the best life possible, in the lap of luxury where he can ensure that you're safe and sound.