no place like home || scenario - biggs

anonymous asked: Hi! Would you write something about Biggs and the Reader talking about building a new home after the plate fell? Like some late night talk? Imagining about a family and a small house or something like that? :)

"I think a small cottage will do."

"A small one? No way. A three story building. We can set up another Leaf House like back in Sector Five."

"You want to set up another one?" When you lift your head off of his chest and turn to face him, he grins widely, unwrapping the arm he had around your waist and putting it behind his head with the other one. He turned his eyes away from you, squinting slightly at the stars in the sky, before letting his eyelids closed.

"A lot of kids will have lost their families," he says as the smile turns to a frown. His brow furrows at the thought. "The selfish bastards. We'll show them how resilient we are. We'll set up the orphanage, give the kids who've lost it all a home. A place where they feel safe and where they can make friends."

He opens his eyes again, smiling slightly when you reach out and use your thumb to rub at the scrunched up brow. "That sounds amazing."

His face breaks out in a grin, eyes twinkling mischievously as he pushes himself up into a sitting position, wrapping his arms around you and pulling you close. He presses a kiss to your cheek, wincing slightly when he twists and it pulls at his stitches. "It will be. And then, once we've done all of that, we'll get you that small cottage."

"And it has to be white, with plants crawling up the sides and a wood-stove."

He laughs loudly, wincing again when he feels his stitches pull. "You know exactly what you want, huh? I'll make you that house, I promise. And a family too."

"A family? As in - "

"Without a doubt." He kisses you firmly, passionately, squeezing you to him as close as humanly possible, but even that isn't enough. Tears swell in his eyes when he remembers he could have so easily lost you when the plate fell. You could have so easily lost him had it not been thanks to Cloud's quick thinking and the surprise arrival of another member of Avalanche. He pulls away, roughly wiping away his tears with the back of his hand, forcing a teary smile out. "I love you."

He presses his forehead to yours. "I love you too."

There's a pregnant pause, but it isn't anywhere near uncomfortable. You can feel his relief and love, his joy at being able to hold you in his arms again, mostly unharmed and happy despite the situation. And likewise, he can feel the love behind your tender caress of his cheek, wiping away a traitorous tear from his cheek.

"Even if we don't build a home, or another orphanage, I'll have a home. With you."

His heart skips a beat when you smile brightly at him. He's safe, he's happy, and most of all, he's in love.