hopeless romantic || scenario - sephiroth

anonymous asked: A Drabble about Sephiroth being shy and hopelessly romantic around his s/o. He is dominant but around them, he just wants to be there and feel accepted. Thank you so much!

He can't help but smile as he watches you move about the kitchen, mindlessly relaying the details of your day to him as you picked up a pan here, stirred the contents of a pot here. Your smile brightens as you talk about the dog you encountered that day, how fluffy and playful it had been, only a puppy, how maybe one day the two of you could get one of your own. The two of you, or three with puppy, would make the picture of domesticity, and even though he knows its highly unlikely given his profession, his heart skips a beat when you tell him you'd be a family.

He lets you wrap your arms around him, smiles down at you when you rest your chin on his chest and stare up at him. His hand finds its way into your hair, fingers threading through the soft strands and he massages the back of your head tenderly. He wonders how how you managed to make him this timid, how you managed to make him such a hopeless romantic, melt that stony layer around his heart. It's like you had put a spell on him, morphing him until he could never be aloof to you, just an emotional, loving mess.

"You're quiet tonight, is something wrong?" Your words make his chest vibrate, and he has to process your words for a moment.

"Nothing." His heart skips a beat when you push yourself up on your tip toes to press a kiss to his lips, his skin tingling with the intensity of it. When you pull away, he keeps his eyes on yours, searching them intensely. There's nothing but love, nothing to hide, no hate or despair, you're completely and utterly in love with him, and he with you, too.