cuddles || headcanon - biggs

anonymous asked: Hi there, hope you are doing well!~ May I request a Biggs and Reader where Biggs is mentally and physically just so done for his day and on the verge of crying and just needs his s/o to cuddle and love him? He's overthinking too much

some days, life as a member of avalanche and living in the slums can get all a little bit too much for biggs. he's barret's branch's best strategist, and he spends hours upon hours pouring over plans and strategies, analysing ever last nook and cranny of shinra buildings looking for quick entrances and easy escapes. it's taxing work, and after a couple of hours of intense work, he's mentally exhausted, and his body creeks when he finally tries to relax his shoulders.

but even when he's finished for the day, he never truly is. he has a lot of other things to do - making sure everything he's found for the leaf house is packed and ready to be delivered, making sure you're alright, changing your filter and the filter of the old woman next door, who he also feeds, cooks and cleans for. and oh god, when was the last time he changed the sheets, or had you done it for him? maybe he should do it again, just in case.

you can never coax him to just sit for even five minutes, because he'll find another thing to do, that has to be done right this very moment. even if you finally do, by some grace of god, manage to get him to sit down for more than five minutes, it's clear he's still not truly relaxing, because his brow is furrowed in concentration and he's chewing his thumb, and has rubbed the same pattern on your arm for the past eleven minutes. and stamp's adventures definitely doesn't need that much concentration to understand the plot.

but when it truly becomes too much for him, when he's given up and on the verge of tears, he'll eventually relent. all it takes is dogged persistence and a bit of firmness and he'll collapse into your embrace, bury his face in your neck and let himself let go. if he needs to cry, he will, he's not embarrassed to do so in front of you, he knows you'd never laugh at him or taunt him - you want him to be honest and if he needs a good cry, then that's fine.

he'll eventually calm down, and then he'll spend the rest of the evening cuddling you, smothering you in love and accepting your own affectionate kisses and whispers of love and devotion. he loves you unequivocally, unconditionally, and he's eternally grateful to have you by his side. he wants you to know everything about him, and all he asks in return is the same. he trusts you like no one else, and he knows if you say he's not looking after himself, then he needs to cuddle you until it all goes away.