protect yourself || headcanon - cloud

anonymous asked: Hi! Id like to request Cloud taking care of a hurt reader after they jumped in front of him to protect him! Maybe Cloud has feelings for the reader so hes not too happy about it? Thank youu ❤️

cloud's frustrated that you'd act so recklessly, throwing yourself in front of him like that in order to protect him, not knowing what was about to come from the enemy. he could have easily taken the attack, defended himself against it, that was what he was trained for, and it was almost embarrassing that he reacted so late. he feels guilty that as a result of his sluggish actions you've been injured, and will apologise constantly for it.

he'll volunteer immediately upon return to seventh heaven to look after you. he'll be at your every beck and call, get you absolutely anything you need, whether it be a dish you're craving or something to entertain you whilst you're bed-bound. he'd rather exhaust himself day after day to get things for you rather than let you stand up for one minute to walk across the room to get it.

and whenever he does hear you get up, he's in your room in a flash, stopping you from getting up and asking you what you need, he'll get it for you. he's always slightly embarrassed when you tell him you're just going to the bathroom, because he knows he has overreacted again, and he will help you walk to there, linger outside whilst you do what you need to do, before helping you back into bed, making sure you haven't reopened any wounds or hurt yourself in the process.

he makes sure to let you know how sorry he is that he causes your injury, ignores your insistence when you tell him it was nothing, and it takes a lot of convincing to get him to realise it's not his fault. the fact that you willingly did that for him makes his heart skip a beat, and he wonders, just with a little bit of hope, if you return his growing affections. he doesn't want to get too hopeful, but the two of you have been spending a lot of time together, and he's noticed you get shy and flustered at times.

when you were initially brought back, he had helped tifa patch up all of your wounds, and he's almost always been the one who has checked up on them and re-applied dressings every day since. sometimes he gets a bit shy about it, after all you're practically almost naked in front of him, but he perseveres and tries not to stare, although he can't deny he's looked a few times, and you're as exquisite as he thought you were. he's relieved when the wounds start to heal, and helps apply the cream that stops the wounds from scarring your skin, not that he cares if it does, you're perfect either way.