always || scenario - sephiroth

anonymous asked: Hi I am not sure if you do angst? If you don't mind can we have a fic about Sephiroth having an argument with reader- at the end they found out it was all due to misunderstanding? If possible a lot of angst but with a happy ending please xx

There's thick tension hanging in the air, and it's stifling. He barely notices it through his anger, which courses through his veins like red hot fire, but as he begins to calm down he notices how deafeningly silent it is. It's unsettling to not hear you humming as you move about the house as you go about your day, moving this and making that, and anxiety settles in the pit of his stomach. He wonders where you are in the house, or if you'd left after he had ended the argument, and if he should go look for you.

But he doesn't need to make the decision, because you do it for him, appearing from your office, eyes cast downwards as you shuffle to the kitchen. He watches you silently, watches as your shoulders tense when you feel his gaze sear into the back of the neck. You disappear, and he hears you pull out some pots from a cupboard, and move about the kitchen, presumably to cook something.

With a sigh, he stands up, the anger and frustration suddenly leaving his body, remorse and guilt replacing it. He didn't even give you the opportunity to explain yourself, so consumed by his rage that is clouded his reason. Hesitantly, he follows you into the kitchen, watching you stare out the window as you fill a pot up with water. You pause when you turn around, pot in hand, and meet his eyes, gnawing on your bottom lip as you turn away and start to cook.

"I'm sorry," you say, drumming your fingers against the counter.

"No, I am. I didn't let you explain. Please, do. I don't desire us to stew on this anger."

You sigh. "I only kissed Angeal on the cheek to thank him. He helped me move that old dresser out of the house because I couldn't manage it by myself. I didn't kiss kiss him."

Sephiroth tenses, humiliation washing over him. A thousand words rush through his mind, things he can say and things he could do to apologise, but the only thing that leaves his lips is a simple, "Oh."

"Yeah," you reply.

He moves over to you abruptly, embracing you tightly, embarrassed by his rash assumption that you had kissed Angeal, despite knowing how faithful you were. You relax into his embrace, a choked sob leaving you as you tighten your arms around him, relieved he has finally given you the opportunity to explain. He presses a kiss to the top of your head, raking his fingers through your hair.

"I apologise, my love. I should have known you wouldn't do that."

He pulls away slightly, tilting your chin up towards him, stares deep into your eyes. For a minute the both of you are silent, but it's a comfortable one, no longer laden with tension, and he sighs again.

"Forgive me?"

You nod, rising to your tip toes and pressing your lips firmly against his.

"Always."