i'm trying || headcanon - cloud

anonymous asked: Can i request a Cloud x Reader where the reader wanted to do something really nice for Cloud (which was more or less going to help them tell him how they feel about him) but by the time he had gotten there so many things were going wrong that the reader was just flustered and discouraged & cloud has to figure out whats going on/comfort the reader? Idk i hope that makes sense lol! Thanks for running this awesome blog & for spreading the love i cant wait to check out the other blogs you mentioned!

you'd drawn up a foolproof plan, one that you had strategised and analysed for months in order to ensure things couldn't go wrong. a nice dinner topside, in one of the fanciest restaurants possible, but still out of the way of the evil people who want to harm him. you'd done all the research necessary, scoped out the place yourself to ensure that it would be a good one, and there seemed to be absolutely nothing wrong with the plan.

but of course things would go south - they always seemed to when cloud was involved. first the trains were cancelled, then the two of you were attacked by shinra guards when riding a motorcycle you borrowed up the highway topside, only to discover you'd missed your reservation and there was no possible way the two of you could get a table now.

it was immensely discouraging, to say the very least, and you feel defeated at the failing of your airtight plan, flustered and embarrassed that you've wasted cloud's time. the humiliation is intense too, and you slump down on the side of the road by the train station in defeat, pressing your face into your hands and digging the heels of your palms into your hands. tonight was meant to be the night where you knocked cloud out of the park with your charm, confessed to him even, but now there was no possibility of that.

cloud's silent as he sits down beside you, totally unequipped for this kind of situation. his mind is spiraling as he tries to come up with something to say, something to reassure you despite the circumstances. he heard from jessie the effort you put into this night, and it's a shame to see it all go to waste.

he can't deny that the thought of you putting all this effort in just for him warms his heart in a way he's never felt before. he'll reassure you that everything's fine, you have nothing to apologise for, in fact he's rather enjoyed spending time with you this evening and night. he's not the best with words, but it gives you hope, and he's glad when you smile brightly when he suggests the two of you do it again.