talk about harsh || headcanon - cloud

blessedjael asked (tumblr): Hey there! I'm a huge fan of your works it's so amazing. May I request a Cloud x Shy reader? Like the reader thinks his dry remarks are a little harsh or so.

cloud really doesn't mean to sound so harsh, it's just the way he is. sometimes he can't help the remarks he makes, and they slip out before he can think about the impact they'll have on people. he's not as sensitive as others, so he doesn't realise how mean some of the things he says can be.

when he notices that these remarks are starting to get to you, he'll definitely try and be kinder, and limit his impulsive remarks too. he doesn't want you to be upset because of him, and he'll do his best to make up for it. he'll also apologise for all the times he may have upset or hurt you, and explain that his intentions were never to hurt you, he's just used to speaking like that.

he definitely reforms himself after. his dry remarks become less and less frequent, and when they do slip out they're never directed at you. instead he showers you in awkward compliments, and he always turns bright red when he realises what he's said, but he's glad it makes you giggle, and doesn't mind that you don't respond because of your shyness.