two can't keep a secret || headcanon - cloud

anonymous asked: Hi! I love your work (that biggs one broke my heart 😭😭)! I was hoping to request something with Cloud attempting to keep his relationship with the reader a secret from their friends (to hopefully avoid the teasing that would come from it) only for one of them to find out and tell the rest of them next time they see them at the bar (i hope that made sense ❤️)

it's inevitable that someone would find out eventually, but cloud still tries to keep it a secret for as long as possible - more for your protection than anything else. he doesn't want you to be in danger if the relationship is exposed, which is highly likely given the number of people that are trying to kill him.

unsurprisingly it's jessie who finds out, she accidentally walks in on you and cloud kissing in an alleyway after he comes back from a mission. she's a little bit disappointed to find cloud's all loved up, but she can't help but tease him either - he tries to make out that he's all aloof but really he's this giant softie.

jessie tells everyone almost immediately, and whereas everyone's a little surprised, they don't hesitate to tease him like jessie did. all of the teasing is pretty much solely directed at him, so he doesn't mind all that much, although he can't help but blush at some of their remarks.