dad || headcanon - reno and rufus shinra

anonymous asked: If you're comfortable with it. Can you write about Rufus as a dad? Would it also be possible to write one for Reno and your favorite character as well?

rufus shinra

rufus is an incredibly doting father, and puts a lot of effort into making sure he's a constant and positive present in his children's lives. he doesn't want his children to have a bad relationship with him, nor does he want his children to resent him as much as he did his father, so he makes sure he's there for them through thick and thin and will willingly do anything for them.

he spoils his children rotten, gets them whatever they want whenever they want it, makes sure they feel loved and remembered. but he still makes sure to teach them to be humble, respect what they're given and to recognise the work he puts in to get them these things and the work others do to help provide it. he doesn't want them to be brats who look down at everyone they come across, he wants them to be grateful for what they have.

he loves to shower his children in affection. he didn't receive much by the way of affection as a child himself, so he's initially kind of stiff and awkward about it, but over time it becomes second nature to embrace his children in the morning, to give them a kiss before they go to bed and to cuddle with them as they watch movies. he loves being able to hold his children close and tell them how much he loves them.

reno

reno might as well be one of the kids. he's just as goofy and childish as them at times, so it may often feel like you have three children rather than just two. he encourages them to be mischievous, but also responsible for their actions. just because he's their friend doesn't mean he's not their father, so he still makes sure to teach them restraint and to teach them when the moment is right for something and when it's not.

he's definitely the kind of dad to have a million dad jokes for every situation under his belt, and he's a constant source of joy and laughter. his favourite thing to do when his children were younger was to make them so laugh they couldn't stop and did that really cute baby laugh (if you don't know it, search baby laughing hysterically - you're welcome), although he didn't enjoy it the spit-up that usually followed.

he'll be the most loving father a child could ever ask for. he'll smother them with love and affection, purposefully pressing a million kisses to their faces just to embarrass them, hugs them close and soothes them whenever they're upset or have had a bad dream. he subconsciously finds himself using his thumb to wipe away food from their faces, checking for scrapes and cuts. his children are his absolute world and he'd undoubtedly do anything for them.