cousin || scenario - biggs

anonymous asked: Can I request some flustered Biggs and Reader, where they are sitting in 7th Heaven with the whole Avalanche group and Marlene is asking them when they will give her a cousin to play with?

"Hey, Biggs?"

Biggs hums as he turns to peer down at Marlene, her hand gripping his shirt and tugging it gently to get his attention, sending her a bright smile as she stares up at him with wide brown orbs. He places his elbows on his knees, leaning on them so he's closer to her height.

"What's up?"

"I have a question."

"A question? Now what might that be, sweetheart?"

Marlene's eyes flicker briefly to you as you turn your head to look at the two over your shoulder, smiling sweetly at the interaction. The girl hesitates for a moment, looking to Biggs, then back at you, before looking at Biggs again. After another moment's hesitation, she sucks in a deep breath, and blurts out her questions.

"When are you two going to give me a cousin?"

Silence engulfs the bar, Biggs' jaw drops to the floor and your shoulders tense. Barret starts to cough loudly, beer dribbling down his chin, and Jessie and Wedge still for a moment, before bursting out in hysterical laughter, clutching their stomachs at the little girl's words. From behind the bar, Tifa giggles, and Cloud remains stoic as always, only sparing the scene a glance before turning back to his drink.

"Marlene! You know it's rude to ask that!" Barret finally chokes out, gnawing at the inside of his cheek to stop himself from laughing. Biggs sits up straight, a bright red blush shooting up his neck as he processes the girl's words, sheepishly rubbing the back of his head as he briefly glances at you. You start fanning yourself with you hand, suddenly feeling like you're in front of a volcano, and take a hasty gulp of water in a bid to cool yourself down.

"I know Daddy! I'm sorry! I just really want to have someone to play with from our family!" Marlene insists, growing more demure with each passing second.

You suck in a breath, eyes flickering to Biggs as he opens and shuts his mouth like a fish, clearly struggling for words. You turn to Marlene, smiling through your embarrassment, and pick her up, placing her on your lap, and she instantly leans into your hold, peering up at you curiously as she waits for your answer. You hesitate for another second, making the briefest eye contact with Biggs, who coughs and takes a gulp of his beer.

"Well, Biggs and I have a lot of work to do first to help out your daddy make the world a better place for you, Marlene," you start, stumbling over your words. "But once we do that, maybe we'll have a cousin for you! Although, that would mean we wouldn't be able to play with you as much as the baby grows up. Babies take a lot of work, after all. And, we won't get to do this as much."

Marlene squeals as you blow a raspberry on her cheek, giggling and squirming in your arms, before standing on your lap and wrapping her arms around your neck in a tight hug. "Okay! You and Biggs can help Daddy save the world, and then you'll give me a cousin." She pulls back, holds her pinky finger out like you taught her to do. "Promise."

Biggs meets your eyes, and gives you a crooked smile. You turn back to Marlene and nod.

"Yeah. I promise."

The two of you intertwine your pinky fingers, holding each other's gaze for a moment, before she laughs joyfully and hops off your lap, sprinting out of the bar shouting something about telling Betty, Barret hot on her heels to make sure she stays safe. Jessie and Wedge are still snickering, their faces blotchy red, although whether it's from the alcohol or their laughter, you're not entirely sure. You and Biggs share another awkward smile, but there's something in Biggs' eyes that tells you he's one-hundred percent game to have a child with you once everything is over.

"Better get to practicing, you two!"

"Shut up, Jessie!"