lap dog || scenario - rufus shinra

anonymous asked: Can I request a scenario where Rufus realizes that his dog, Darknation doesn't like his SO but eventually grows to love the SO after Rufus dates them for awhile? And then realizing Darknation likes them after a night home?

Darknation pants with joy as you scratch behind his ear, his leg moving slightly in satisfaction, and he stretches to press himself against your stomach more. It feels weird still to see him sprawled across your lap, and uneasiness still festers at the pit of his stomach as Rufus peers down at the two of you. His arm is wrapped around your shoulders, but he still keeps his other hand free, just in case he needs to grab Darknation's collar should he suddenly turn against you.

It feels like a world away now, but Darknation had loathed you, saw you as an enemy despite Rufus' obvious affections towards you. It took a considerable amount of time, a lot of painful hours of training Darknation to get used to your scent. Rufus spent more money replacing your items than he cared to admit, but it had been worth it. Soon Darknation was able to spend time in a room with you, tied securely far away, but he'd still growl whenever you and Rufus touched one another. Eventually, however, the growling stopped and the curious whimpers had began, which morphed into gently sniffing and eventually acceptance of food from the palm of your hand.

"Hey, relax," you say. His gaze finds yours, and he's soothed slightly by your reassuring smile. "He's just a big lap dog. Just needed a loving touch, is all."

Rufus scoffs. "You're implying I'm not loving?"

You shake your head. "You weren't, but now you are, because you had my loving touch to help you out."

Rufus smiles fondly at you, peering down at Darknation again as the hound's eyes flutter closed.

"Yes, I guess you're right," he says.

You lean up and press a kiss to his cheek, just as Darknation's eyes open, and a deep growl rumbles through his chest. The two of you look down at him, and Rufus reaches for Darknation's collar instinctively, but the hound backs away, and he growls even louder at Rufus, placing a protective paw on your lap. Experimentally, you press a kiss to Rufus' cheek again, and Darknation growls even louder, pawing at your lap, begging for attention.

A joyful laugh slips past your lips, and you reach up to scratch behind his ears again, coaxing a whine out of the dog.

"Now it's me he's protecting."

Rufus smiles.

"Yeah, I guess so."