33

When Qiu Xuning and He Zhiyuan returned home, the dispute between Qiu Shunming and Zhou Mingmei had ended, but some voices leaked intermittently from their bedroom.

Qiu Shunming's beating of Qiu Shuohai was actually not very harsh, but Qiu Shuohai had grown up to this point and had thin skin and tender flesh all over his body. It would hurt like hell to hit him once, let alone so many times. The pain was so bad that he was spread into a puddle of mud on the sofa.

When he saw Qiu Xuning and He Zhiyuan coming in together, he moved his lips and said, "Qiu Xuning, come here." Qiu Shuohai still spoke in a fierce tone. Qiu Xuning hesitated and looked at him slightly, "...What are you

doing?"

Qiu Shuohai raised his voice. A little louder, "I tell you to come here, you come here."

Because he had cried and howled, his voice seemed a little hoarse, and his tone also had a bit of annoyance.

The more he behaved like this, the less Qiu Xuning dared to go there. He said, "I'm going back to do my homework."

Qiu Shuohai said, "Tell me, dad is really rich?"

When Qiu Xuning heard what he said, he knew that Qiu Shunming had not admitted it yet. He raised his He got up and looked at He Zhiyuan. He had forgotten to ask He Zhiyuan about the money just now.

"Speak! No matter how bad I treat you, I am still your brother. Do you really want to see me die?" Qiu Shuohai said angrily.

Qiu Xuning muttered in a low voice: "We are a society ruled by law now."

Qiu Shuohai said: "What happened to a society ruled by law? If you were stabbed to death on the street, you may not be able to find the murderer! Do you think a society ruled by law will be useful?"

Look at him like this He spoke with a strong voice, and he knew that Qiu Shunming's beating did not hurt his muscles or bones after all, it was just a flesh wound. The pain was still painful. After a while, he was less than half healed, and it did not affect his loud shouting at Qiu Xuning.

Qiu Xuning was most afraid of others speaking to him in a bad tone, and he didn't know how to reply. At this time, He Zhiyuan whispered to him: "Go back to the house." Qiu Xuning responded quickly, turned around, and was about to go

upstairs with He Zhiyuan.

Qiu Shuohai shouted again, "He, have you given any money to our family? Your family is so rich, how could you just say no and leave it all at once?" Of

course He Zhiyuan ignored him, and he didn't even stop. Qiu Xuning, after hearing what Qiu Shuohai said, couldn't help but look at He Zhiyuan.

He Zhiyuan noticed Qiu Xuning's gaze, glanced down at him, and said in a low voice: "We'll talk about it when we get up."

Qiu Xuning said "oh" and obediently followed He Zhiyuan upstairs.

Seeing that both of them ignored him, Qiu Shuohai felt ashamed and annoyed. He had never been beaten so badly before, and Qiu Xuning saw it. He was still not sure how to make fun of him, but thinking about it made him a little annoyed.

He hammered the sofa hard, causing a wound. The pain made him grin, and he lay back on the sofa with a curse.

Arriving in He Zhiyuan's bedroom, Qiu Xuning asked cautiously: "You said my dad is rich, do you know something?" Although He Zhiyuan was not present and did not hear Qiu Haiyan's words,

Qiu Xuning always felt that he knew something.

He Zhiyuan did not speak. He glanced in the direction of the window, turned around and walked to the window, closed the window, and drew the curtains. The room suddenly became dark with no light at all, but He Zhiyuan quickly turned on the lamp again. As a result, the room became bright again, illuminating the expressions of the two people clearly.