48

Everyone felt uncomfortable eating this dinner, and Qiu Xuning didn't have much of an appetite, but in order not to be hungry at night, he still tried his best to eat a bowl of rice.

After eating, Zhou Mingmei was stared at by Qiu Xuning's eager eyes that seemed to have a lot to say. She had no choice but to say, "I'll pay."

Qiu Xuning breathed a sigh of relief and grinned.

When the waiter who welcomed them in saw Zhou Mingmei walking over to ask about the price, it took him a while to realize what he was doing. He hurriedly found the computer, pressed a few keys, and then said, "The total is 323 yuan. I'll give you a small change, 320.

" She took out the money and counted three hundred and twenty yuan to the waiter. She still felt a little hurt. She didn't understand so much truth, but it was hard not to listen to what Qiu Xuning said while crying. She had said random things to him before. She had a very bad temper, and now, she has become very bad at crying against him.

Zhou Mingmei paid the money as if she had completed the task, and said to Qiu Xuning: "Did you see me paying the money? Don't cry anymore. You are already sixteen years old. You will be an adult in two years. How can you still..." Don't you feel embarrassed to cry?"

Qiu Xuning sniffed and whispered: "I'm embarrassed in front of you too, I'm not afraid." After

hearing this, Zhou Mingmei got angry, "Okay, look at your face, go back and wash it off. Then sleep!"

Qiu Xuning responded softly.

After walking out of the hotel, Qiu Xuning glanced at He Zhiyuan and said to Zhou Mingmei, "Mom, I want to go for a walk to eat." Zhou Mingmei said, "Okay,

you go, I'll go back."

Qiu Zhaozhao said, "I'll follow you too. Together."

She said this to Qiu Xuning.

Qiu Xuning looked at her and said "hmm" softly.

Zhou Mingmei and Qiu Shunming walked home together.

Zhou Mingmei recalled how Qiu Xuning was crying out of breath, sighed, and said to Qiu Shunming: "He cried so hard today, I don't know what to do." Qiu Shunming drank some wine and could not speak

. Smelling like alcohol, she said, "If Qiu Shuohai talks to me like that, I'll slap him."

Zhou Mingmei glared at him, "Don't always be beaten, Ning Ning is a promising person, our family is going up. Among the three generations, he is the most promising. Whatever he says, we will rely on him first. In just a few years, when he is admitted to university, we will no longer hear what he wants to say." He added: "

Shunming Ah, our son was born right. Zhao Zhao felt sorry for him. He spoke for her. When we are old, can he leave us alone? Shuo Hai is unreliable. Isn't there a younger son?" After hearing this, Qiu Shunming nodded in agreement, "What do you

mean ? That's right."

The two couples walked home chatteringly. On the other side, Qiu Zhaozhao followed Qiu Xuning on the left, and He Zhiyuan on the right. The three of them walked on the dimly lit road, and they were speechless for a long time.

After a while, Qiu Zhaozhao spoke again. She whispered: "Ning Ning, what you said at the dinner table before, do you really think so?"

Qiu Xuning lowered his eyes and said softly, "Yeah" .

He had washed his face, and it was still a little damp. His eyes seemed less swollen, but he felt ugly, so he always lowered his head and looked at the path of his toes.