Part 44

Yue Lin looked at the person in front of him and said nothing. Turn around and exit the cell.

After a while, light footsteps sounded.

Gong Sige, who was closing his eyes and said nothing, suddenly opened his eyes wide and turned his head suddenly with a look of joy on his face.

"Your Majesty! You're back!"

Then he asked worriedly, "Is this trip going well?"

Qi Yan looked at the person kneeling on the ground with a cold expression.

Before waiting for Qi Yan's answer, Gong Sige was not disappointed, and asked and answered, "Yes, Your Majesty has always been invincible, how could something go wrong..." 

He raised his eyes and looked at Qi Yan with cloudy eyes.

"Your Majesty is still willing to come to see me in the prison, it must not be because of the relationship between the monarch and the minister in the past..."

Gong Sige sighed, "To be honest, I am very disappointed to see His Majesty here. Live..."

Qi Yan showed murderous intent in his eyes.

"I'm very curious, what deal did Qi Hui do with you to make you dare to betray me."

Gong Sige smiled bitterly,
"I didn't make any deal with the third prince..."

He raised his head and stared closely at the person in front of him. .

"Your Majesty doesn't believe it?"

Qi Yan said nothing, his expression did not fluctuate.

"Hehe...hehe!" 

Gong Sige started laughing in a low voice. Gradually, complex emotions surged in his eyes, becoming paranoid and crazy.

"I asked Mr. Yue to tell that I want to see your Majesty again. In fact, this is just a test. I want to see how much weight that child occupies in Your Majesty's heart..."

"What a pity! What a pity!" 

Gong Sige shook his head. "Your Majesty is wise and talented, and will surely achieve a great cause! It's a pity that a child has held you back!"

Gong Sige looked sad.

"It would be great if this child was born by His Majesty! Whether it's a boy or a girl, he has inherited His Majesty's bloodline. After thousands of generations, the bloodline has never been cut off. But His Majesty is so capricious and entrusted to the Qi family to an outsider!"

"She is my child! Not an outsider!" Qi said angrily. Don't listen to others say that your child is not good.

Gong Sige argued: "I have already investigated clearly, Princess Mingxi is not His Majesty's biological child, she was picked up by His Majesty! If you let an outsider inherit the foundation of the country, have you ever thought about it, Your Majesty, in the next hundred years? After that, when you go down to the underworld, how much face do you have to face the ancestors of the Qi clan!"

"You were a heroic warrior, but in the end, you became the king of the Qi clan's subjugation!"

"It's not worthy for you... " Gong Sige kowtowed.

Qi Yan's eyes showed sarcasm,

"In the end, your allegiance has never been to me, but the Qi's blood that flows through me."

"That's part of Your Majesty..." Gong Sige looked up at Qi Yan, no solution.

He didn't understand the difference between the two.

Qi Yan said indifferently: "Is the Qi family's bloodline so noble? Wasn't it also taken from someone else's hands at the beginning. Also, this country was not inherited by me, it was struck down with a sword with both hands. Did you forget that when Qi Ji was in power, how many territories were left in the state of Qi?"

Gong Sige was silent, when the first emperor was in power, the state of Qi was already in turmoil, he ceded a lot of territory to the surrounding barbarians. Therefore, he has always respected His Majesty who could rescue Qi from the quagmire again.

A sneering smile appeared on the corner of Qi Yan's mouth. Looking back at Gong Sige's eyes, who had been staring at him.

"Aiqing doesn't seem to have a good memory, forgot how I got into this position."

A hint of madness flashed across Qi Yan's eyes.

"I've been tired of all this for a long time. But for my child, I don't mind pretending to be a wise and benevolent emperor. Although it's a pity that I can't slaughter the Qi royal family, but the honor of the royal family, these people don't need anymore. Think about it, isn't it not bad to be an ordinary commoner?"