Part 132

In the ward Xue Lingling was already awake and the smell of disinfectant lingering on the tip of her nose made her realize that she was lying in the hospital.

Recalling the scene when the car was about to hit her, her face became even paler.

"Lingling." The man pushed open the door of the ward and walked in.

Pei Yan handed over all the follow-up matters of the car accident to the lawyer, and he didn't need to pay attention to this trivial matter. He sat on the chair beside the hospital bed, stroked the woman's face lightly, and said with a worried look: 

 "How is it, are you still dizzy? Is there any discomfort?"

Man, Xue Lingling swooped into Pei Yan's arms and hugged him tightly.

Pei Yan stretched out his arms and hugged the frightened woman, while stroking her hair and kissing her forehead, he comforted her softly,

"Don't be afraid, it's alright, I'm here."

Xue Lingling leaned against the man's arms quietly. Inside, under his comfort, the trembling body gradually calmed down. The familiar atmosphere, as usual, made her feel very at ease and reliable.

Just imagine that, and have been indulging in it.

However, another perfume smell lingering on the tip of the nose pulled the woman back from the dream to reality. This perfume smell is not unfamiliar, just yesterday, she had smelled it on another woman.

As if suddenly awakened, the woman remembered the previous unhappiness and immediately pushed away the man who was holding her, looked at the person in front of her coldly, and complained with tears.

"Lingling, you..." Pei Yan, who was suddenly pushed away, could not help frowning.

But when he saw the woman's red eyes, he felt that he was wrong, and silent.

"Why didn't you speak?" Xue Lingling said in a choked voice: "Don't you have anything to explain to me between you and Tan Rujing?"

"I..." Pei Yan lowered his head, his eyes darkened.

"You still love her, right?" Xue Lingling bit her lips and clenched the quilt unconsciously.

"No!" Pei Yan denied immediately, "The person I love the most is you!"

"Lingling, believe me, she just came to say goodbye to me yesterday. the relationship between us is over."

Pei Yan said as he grabbed Xue Lingling's shoulder and looked at her seriously. He knew very well in his heart that no matter what happened in the past, he and Rujing are already in the past...

"Where... where did you go last night?" the woman said in a hoarse voice. She hesitated for a long time, and finally asked the doubts in her heart.

She remembered when she left yesterday, the man in front of her was not wearing this dress...

Pei Yan pretended to be ordinary: "Yesterday, after I sent Rujing back, I went to the streets to find you. You can't do it again next time, ran out of nowhere, I searched for you all night, but didn't find out the phone was turned off, and didn't see so many missed calls until this morning..."

Listening to the man's explanation, Xue Lingling kept her head down, unable to see Clear look on face.

"Lingling, I'm late," the man held the woman's hand tightly, hugged her apologetically back into his arms, and said softly, "I'm sorry..."

I'm sorry...

Xue Lingling let Pei Yan hold her. Looking at her, listening to the sound of "I'm sorry" in my ear, a tear shed quietly from my closed eyes.

In the ward, the breeze was gentle, the clean glass windows reflected bright light. Two people with different minds hug each other.

The man and woman who turned their backs on each other, one looked guilty and the other burst into tears.

He deliberately concealed it and she pretended to be stupid.

Lovers who seem to be deeply in love, but can't touch each other's sincerity. After an unknown amount of time, Pei Yan slowly let go of the woman he was holding. He didn't want to lose her.

"Lingling, I..."

"No need to say any more." Xue Lingling interrupted him calmly.

She looked at the man in front of her with complicated eyes for a long time. Even though she knew his lies in her heart, even though...

so be it.

She couldn't let go of him.

The woman finally chose to compromise, suppressing all the bitterness and grief in heart, and reconciled with Pei Yan as before.

...

The morning mist was hazy and enveloped the mountains.

The breeze is mixed with the smell of grass and earth.

The young man was wearing a gray coat with a red swaddle tied on his back, holding a bamboo stick and walking among the mountains.

The cub wearing a small line cap nestled in the small quilt, yawning lazily. Wu Liuliu's big eyes looked here and there from time to time, not at all curious about where he was going.

Brown vines, moss-covered stones...