Part 45

The wind was rustling, and outside the door, the seven-year-old boy withdrew his small hand that was about to knock on the door. A scroll was tightly clenched in his left hand.

The still young face was full of disappointment.

Today, teacher praised him, saying that he did a good job in this assignment.

Shen Zhiling felt joy in his heart and couldn't wait to share it with his mother. At the same time, the bottom of my heart is also secretly hoping that the mother concubine are happy, and will not lie in bed all day long, ignoring others.

Is it possible that every day, like Concubine Lu Fang came to pick up Shen Zhixiang, she would come to the bookstore with hot snacks to pick him up from school. Then held his hand all the way and gently asked him what he had learned today, which he had been looking forward to every day over the years. Looking forward to the figure of the mother concubine will suddenly appear, waiting for him to go to school.

However, it seems that he still thinks too much.

In the past, the concubine's heart was full of the father king; even now, the ground is full of the father.

Shen Zhiling turned around, lowered his head and left quietly.

The lonely little figure was walking alone under the eaves of the empty corridor, as if the people inside had never noticed him coming.

The courtyard is vast, the majestic rockery occupies most of the corners. There are countless flying stones, famous flowers and plants, and a good family of high clansmen.

Under the pavilion, the bead curtains squeaked crisply.

The lady of the country hurried over to hear the news, and before she entered, there was a sound of reprimand from the pavilion.

"How many times have I told you, no matter how you do things outside on weekdays, you are good at holding your tail for me during this time and dare to embezzle this border disaster relief fund without permission. You think our family defeated not fast enough."

Lu Guogong gritted his teeth and said angrily. As he spoke, he couldn't help but slashed the back of the person kneeling on the ground with the stick in his hand.

"Clap!" A heavy whiplash sounded.

"Aren't you courageous, aren't you capable? Now something happens, you can't take it anymore, and come to ask me what to do."

"Master" Mrs. Guo hurriedly stepped forward to stop, "This is our only son."

"No matter how wrong it is, just say it properly, but don't break it with your hands. If you don't feel bad, I feel bad as mother. Besides, this time, Yun Zong is also thinking of our family."

Mrs. Guo Gong In front of Lu Yunzong.

Lu Yunzong also raised his head and retorted,

"Yes, father and I, this is all for the sake of our family's multiple back roads. Now Yue Guo is losing ground ahead, Qi Guo is about to hit the imperial city, so why don't you take advantage of this time to save some more money, what time are you waiting for in the future, in case Qi country calls, our family can escape easily, we should be more entangled on the road, right?"

"Nizi Nizi" Hearing his son's words, Lu Guogong blushed with anger and his eyes were straight. Stare, raised the wooden stick in his hand to strike again.

Lu Yunzong was so frightened that he quickly closed his eyes and hid behind his mother.

But after waiting for a long time, there was no pain.

"Bang" came the sound of the stick falling to the ground.

"Alas!" 

Lu Guogong finally sighed, he didn't have the heart to do more to his only son. Slowly turned around, walked out of the pavilion corridor, looked up at Tiandao,

"Is it really going to kill my Da Yue?"

"Dangdang" Rows of golden pearl curtains squeaked in the wind, like reconciliation, and then again. It seems mocking the difficult life of the people of Yue Kingdom this year. 

First, due to the continuous increase in taxes due to the war, finally managed to persevere. then because the flood control dam cut corners it was washed away by a heavy rain.

Several cities and villages at the border were hit by disasters. The raging floods submerged crops and left them without their homes.

People are homeless and displaced.

But they waited hungry for a long time, and they did not wait for the relief from the court.

In order to survive, a large family had to leave their homes and head towards Qi.

They had heard from the merchants that they communicated before, the Qi country was building fortifications everywhere and needed a lot of workers.

If you have money, you will also have food and shelter. If you settle down there, you can also divide the land and be exempted from tax for one year.

At that time, some people who could not pay the taxes sneaked over to work as workers. Later, they came back and took their parents, daughter-in-law and children together, and settled their homes directly in Qi.

The remaining people had some hesitations in their hearts, but now, their lives are almost gone, they have to find a way to live.

So I brought all my belongings, a few pots, a little dry food, and a few rags. Supporting the old and bringing the young, a large group of people went in the direction of Qi State.

Although Qi Yue are now at war, there are troops stationed at every important road at the border. However, these people have lived here for so long from generation to generation, they are very familiar with the various roads that go out of the village to the mountains and rivers.

There are still many small roads and mountain roads that can be walked by waterways and major roads.

Go out, there is still a way to live;

stay, only to die.