Untitled Part 113

Because of the sudden arrival of Li Chengxuan, Su Liniang was in a turmoil, and these days she didn't even have time to take care of the embroidery shop on the street.

She looked out the window, looking a little dazed.

Now that Li Chengxuan already knew that Brother Huai was his son, she couldn't see his attitude towards the fact that she faked death to deceive him back then.

When they met for the first time, he had already stated that he would definitely take their mother and son back to Li's house.

It's just...

Until the nets in her hands were unknowingly entwined into dead knots, Su Li Niang suddenly reacted.

Looking at the pile of tangled threads, she didn't have the heart to continue to slowly sort it out, so she threw it aside.

Li Chengxuan said that he came to Lincheng this time for official business, and he would leave the place soon after finishing his business. He hoped to take her and brother Huai with him.

As always, Li Chengxuan arranged everything and never gave Su Li Niang a choice or asked for her opinion. He believed that Su Li Niang loved him in her heart, and only chose to leave him when she had to.

She must be like him, always thinking of each other in her heart.

However, thinking of the grievances she suffered in the uncle's mansion, the despised eyes and words of others, the days of starvation and freezing, the desperation that she could only lie in a small house waiting to die, Su Li Niang didn't want to think about it again.

How many tears she had shed back then; when she was punished to kneel in the ice and snow until she was dying, when she could only cover her red wound alone and didn't dare to cry out in pain... 

How much she wished that this man would suddenly appear Rescue her, hold her to comfort her softly, and call the shots for her.

However, he never appeared.

Su Liniang admitted that she was tempted by this man. Even if she kept warning herself countless times, she was just a lowly salaried maid. If she couldn't keep her heart and think about those who were destined not to belong to her, she would be a moth to the flame - self-destruction. .

However, whenever she looked at the gentle and tender eyes of the man, the tenderness and thoughtfulness inadvertently shown in front of her, Su Li Niang still indulged herself.

She believed that this man would protect her.

As a result, that kind of interest in teasing cats and dogs is too light, and it is still not enough for a man to keep her safety in mind at all times.

If you really value a person, how can you let her fall to such a point.

Obviously, as long as he pays more attention, he will realize how difficult her situation was at that time.

Except for a few servant girls who were serving her, she could be said to be isolated and helpless, and the whole manor didn't like her. His father and mother hated her, his younger brothers and sisters humiliated her, and his newly married wife hated her... 

But Li Chengxuan didn't find out. Maybe he noticed it, but didn't take it to heart.

His family reputation is more important than her, the attitude of his father and mother is more important than her, and even the happiness of his siblings is more important than her...

And she is just a thing that can be thrown away at any time.

Li Chengxuan is restrained and sober. For him, occasional indulgence is fine, but not for a long time.

Su Li Niang, who was on the edge of life and death, understood, no, it should be said that after crying and hurting, she knew she was afraid.

She was afraid that she would fall into the situation where she had nowhere to ask for help. So, when Li Chengxuan once again proposed to take her and brother Huai out of here, Su Li Niang rejected him in person.

She didn't want to go back to Loei House. Or should she say, she doesn't want to go back to him again.

Thinking of Li Chengxuan's appearance when he heard her rejection, this was the first time Su Liniang saw him show his emotions. In those stern brows, there was disbelief at first, and then the emotions in his eyes were like heartache and anger.

It turned out that it was all just his self-indulgent love.

Li Chengxuan's self-esteem does not allow him to show any nostalgia for Su Liniang.

Finally he smiled coldly and left alone.

•••
Several days have passed since parted that day.

Li Chengxuan never came to look for Su Liniang again, nor did he appear near the small courtyard again, and even the things for Brother Huai were sent by his trusted entourage.

Days seem to be back to normal.

Plain as water.

Today, just after a light rain, the road was slippery, and there were only a few hurried pedestrians on the street.

There were no customers in the embroidery shop, and Su Li-niang had no intention of continuing her business, so she closed the shop early.

Back in the small yard, Xiang'er was cooking in the kitchen, and Brother Huai had not returned home from school.

Su Liniang looked at the flower stand in the yard. After a rain, the leaves and petals fell on the ground.

In the past, she would have immediately stepped forward to inspect the bonsai she had been taking care of. However, for some unknown reason, she has been feeling down recently, she can't get her energy up to do anything, and she's not in the mood to take care of these trivial matters.

Back in the room Su Li Niang sat at the table, clutching her chest in a daze, isn't everything over?

She's made up her mind, hasn't she?

At this moment, there were light knocks on the door.

Su Li Niang finally recovered from those messy thoughts.

"Come in."