Part 95.

Qin Yiniang was buried hastily. Because of the crimes she committed during her lifetime, she didn't even have a tombstone after death and no one was allowed to worship her.

The courtiers who had a bad relationship with Xu Chengting deliberately made a fuss about this matter, and the court heard that His Majesty would deal with it strictly.

After the emperor and his brother-in-law, Lord Shen, had several eyebrow-raising lawsuits, the other party knew it, and led the officials under his control to come forward to fight against the courtiers who were clamoring for severe punishment of Xu Hou.

Several forces in the imperial court saw through, finally Xu Chengting was charged with lax family governance, and was ordered by the emperor to close his door and think about it.

After going down to court, Lord Shen and his brother-in-law, the emperor, talked about drinking wine at home, and the two first sighed at the days when they were still in the north.

It can be said that the world is impermanent. Who would have guessed that the prince who used to be weak and weak in the past has now become a prince;

While talking, the emperor suddenly turned dark for some reason.

Shen Shixing asked cautiously, "Your Majesty, what's bothering you?"

"Crack!" The emperor put down the wine glass in his hand heavily.

Then took a long sigh and said,

"Although I have sat on the throne of the emperor, my seat is still unstable. You have also seen that those old ministers have never been very respectful to me. When I think of this, I am Ye Ye. I can't sleep..."

Shen Shixing understood the emperor's worries, and immediately stepped forward to show his loyalty.

I don't know if the emperor believed it or not, Shen Shixing felt extremely uneasy.

The emperor is suspicious, he doesn't even believe his own son, let alone his brother-in-law who has no blood relationship at all.

The emperor is now trying to divide the old ministers while trying to weaken the power in the hands of the close ministers who supported him in the past.

The current emperor is the unfavorable son of the previous emperor, and he was sent to the remote northern land early. But he was lucky and finally succeeded in sitting on the throne.

The third and fourth princes, who were originally favored by the late emperor, competed for the position of the crown prince in the imperial city, and the chaos was turned upside down. secretly poisoned him, and led troops to force the palace, not only imprisoning important officials and family members, but also slaughtering other princes and clans. 

Although the last two rebel princes did not end well, but when the courtiers sent by the late emperor to ask for help finally arrived with the defenders, the royal family withered and the late emperor was tossed to the point where only his last breath was left.

Knowing that the rebellion in the imperial city had been quelled, the originally unknown prince immediately accelerated his journey on the road, only to catch up with the last moment, watching the late emperor gasp. Thus, successfully picked up a big bargain.

The new emperor quickly ascended the throne and the imperial city finally settled down.

It is said that there is one emperor and one courtier. The new emperor promotes the former ministers and cultivates his own cronies, and the old ministers recognize it.

However, who made the present His Majesty become more and more out of tune.

Perhaps it was because the days of being ignored were over and suddenly promoted to a high position, the emperor's heart was floating. 

In the past, he just thought about how he should make a living under the hands of the third or fourth prince in the future. Originally this is not a big problem, but he has become the emperor.

If the decrees he issued were inappropriate and the courtiers disagreed, he just thought that these people looked down on him, they might laugh at him secretly, so he acted more and more extreme and arbitrary. 

Today's queen, whose background is not obvious, originally married an unremarkable clan prince and became a princess in a remote fief, the means in the back house are enough. 

However, once her husband climbed to the top and became the emperor, she was also named queen by virtue of her husband. Her identity suddenly rose, but her own vision and knowledge did not rise immediately. 

The queen is still the old woman in the back house who was easily overwhelmed by the flattery of the wives of a few small officials; and the emperor is still the timid prince who feels that everyone around him looks down on him. 

 Unlike the Northland, the imperial city is rich and prosperous, making people fascinated. Seeing those aristocratic nobles in the past bowing their heads at their feet, the joy in their heart is beyond words.

The queen wanted to elevate the status of her mother's family, looked around at the nobles in the imperial city, and carefully selected a noble daughter for her younger brother as the successor. But she was also worried that her younger brother would be won over by the good-looking mistress and would not be able to be her son's helper, so she praised the concubine a lot, after all, that was the pawn she could control.

Not only that, but when she thought of her mother's cousin, she valued the outstanding son and young lady in the imperial city, and said hello to the family behind them and gave them the marriage directly. 

The emperor knew what the empress did and acquiesced. It should be said that the couple wanted to go to one place, not only the queen wanted the status of her maiden family; the emperor was also thinking about how to pursue his biological mother and promote his mother's clan. 

Marriage with nobles from aristocratic families is the best way. 

But he is the emperor after all, he has to be concerned about the eyes of the world. The queen's straightforward operation was just right. Some of the things he couldn't do well, the queen did, and if things went wrong in the future, she wouldn't do anything to him. 

So, regardless of the family that is favored, whether their son or daughter is engaged or not, as long as they haven't been through the door, they will directly give the marriage. 

For the two families whose marriage was torn apart, the daughter of one family married the son of the Shen family; 

the son of the other family married the daughter of the Shen family. With the Shen family dismantling people's marriage first, later, the emperor's marriage seemed more reasonable. 

His biological mother was originally an ordinary palace maid and went early shortly after giving birth to him. When he became an adult, the emperor also inquired about the whereabouts of his biological mother's family. His biological mother's surname was Sun, and now only his uncle's family is left in the family. 

The emperor gave gold and silver to officials and felt that this was not enough. It would be better to keep his mother family prosperous, so when the queen came out, he directly inspired. 

Since the current emperor ascended the throne, no political achievements have been made yet, but a lot of imperial edicts for marriage have been promulgated. 

Recently, there have been many happy events in the imperial city. This family has just married a daughter-in-law, and the other family is busy marrying a daughter.

"Mother!!!" The sad cry made people feel sour.

In the room full of happy words and red silk, a beautiful woman in a red wedding dress was leaning against her own mother's arms, her pale face was full of tears.

"I beg you, mother! My daughter is not willing to marry that Sun's family!!" 

The haggard-looking woman was already in tears, and said to her daughter distressedly, "You are the flesh that fell from your mother's body. Why would your mother want you to marry into that poor household to suffer. But..." 

The woman hugged her daughter tightly, grief-stricken.

"That's the imperial decree, how can our family resist the decree? If we resist the decree, then what awaits our family is the scourge of our family!" 

"Mother—" the woman cried. How could she not know these things, but she was still unwilling...

In the end, the sedan chair set off.

However, the next day.

The whole city was shocked.

A man and woman in wedding clothes jumped off the tower in front of everyone and died in love.

The ground was covered with blood, and blood was also splattered on the city wall stones.

Finally, someone went crazy.