Part 154

Ye Ji is director of a company. He has a wide network of contacts, and can socialize. He holds many big customers in his hands. The chairman appreciates him very much. No one in the company not gives him face on weekdays.

But just today, his largest client company suddenly called him to inform him, they had decided not to work with his company and that the projects the two companies were negotiating had stopped.

Ye Ji who got the news, panicked, but no matter what he said, even if he was willing to let a few more percentage points, the other party was unwilling to continue the negotiations, claiming that he had found a more suitable partner.

This project is led by Ye Ji, and it is also the main project of the company this year. The people on the board of directors value it very much, and he also voted for them.

But now, the victory was already in hand. In a few days, the two sides were about to sign a letter of intent for cooperation, but the other company suddenly went back on it.

After knowing that the project was yellow, all the investment in the early stage was wasted. The chairman directly reprimanded him in front of the heads of various departments, blamed all the responsibility on him, without giving any face.

After this incident, Ye Ji understood that his prestige in the company had been greatly damaged, and in the future, the project plan in his hands would have to be reconsidered by the board of directors.

After the meeting, Ye Ji felt the people around him looked at him differently. He didn't know how he endured the piercing gazes and whispers behind him and every moment was extremely tormenting.

"Isn't it because you lost a project? the company didn't punish you."

Wei Qingyao said with disapproval after hearing what happened to her husband today. It's just such a little thing, where is the grievance he suffered today.

Seeing that he couldn't make sense with his wife, Ye Ji said angrily, "What's the issue of not being punished, I'm a shame today."

He walked aside and sat down, rubbing his head.

"Forget it, I have nothing to say to you."

Wei Qingyao sneered while sitting in front of the dressing table, wiping the skin lotion while looking at the person in the mirror.

"Yes, you are a very busy person. Our temple is small and cannot accommodate your big Buddha. I told you a long time ago that you could go directly to the company to help my father, so why should you suffer this crime?"

"Don't say it."

Ye Ji turned over, turned his back to Wei Qingyao, and said in a bad tone, "It's not like you don't know, when we got married, your dad didn't look down on me, if I really listened to you, run to your dad. If I own my company, then he will look down on me even more."

Although Ye Ji is an elite in the industry and his parents are literate people, his family background is still worse than that of his wife.

It was a little bit of ridiculous self-esteem in heart, Ye Ji refused his father's request to let him work in the company. Although others don't talk about it, Ye Ji also knows that no matter how good he behaves, in the eyes of the Wei family, he is a door-to-door son-in-law.

Therefore, whenever his wife mentioned this matter, Ye Ji was so irritated.

"Don't go to sleep yet," remembering something, Wei Qingyao walked over and pushed her husband, "Dad called in the morning and said that there will be a business dinner in a few days"

"When?" Ye Ji asked. Zi sat up from the bed and hurriedly asked.

Although he hated the high-level attitude of the Wei family, he would never refuse the convenience and connections they brought him. How many of Ye Ji's major clients have now rely on the Wei family's matchmaking, he just doesn't want to admit it himself.

As the saying goes, leaning against a big tree is a good way to enjoy the shade. That's the truth.

In fact, in addition to wanting to make more contacts at this dinner, Ye Ji had other goals in mind.

After the client company said that they would no longer cooperate with him, Ye Ji was not reconciled and went around to find people to inquire about the inside story. The department manager who was in contact with him had a better relationship with him, and secretly revealed to him that it was the decision of the head office.

Ye Ji knew that the new line cooperating with him was only a subsidiary company under Tiansheng, and it was not wrong to listen to the deployment of the head office, but he still couldn't figure it out. 

This project is obviously beneficial to both companies. Even if they find other companies to cooperate later, the profit will not be lower than what he proposed.

Why

they would rather lose this profit than cooperate with their company

Ye Ji can't figure out.

However, when he saw the general manager of Tiansheng who appeared at this business dinner, he finally understood.

"Ye Ji," 

his father-in-law frowned when he saw him, expressing his dissatisfaction with this son-in-law's dazedness at the moment. It's really rude to look at others like this. But thinking of his daughter and granddaughter, it's not good to just leave him alone, and then call Ye Ji over.

Mr. Wei introduced the people around him,

"Come on, Mr. Pei, let me introduce to you, this is my son-in-law Ye Ji."

He turned his head, looked at the person in front of him and said,

"Ye Ji, the one beside me is TianSheng's President Pei."

"Pei". Ye Ji came back to his senses, thinking of the unpleasantness that happened before, and said with a guilty conscience, "President Pei."

"Hello." Lin Fei nodded lightly to the person in front of him, with the attitude of greeting others, there is no sense of any holiday between the two.

"Although General Manager Pei is young, his ability cannot be underestimated. If it is prosperous in your hands today, we old guys can't compare to you young people." 

President Wei looked at Lin who was full of joy and anger. No, the indifferent eyebrows are all mature and steady, who would have thought that he had just taken over Tiansheng a few years ago, and he could support such a big company so quickly. Although these remarks are commercial touts, they are also mixed with a bit of sincerity. 

At this moment, Ye Ji couldn't listen to what his father-in-law said.

His mind is now dazed, and his ears are buzzing constantly.

He shouldn't have come tonight.

Although the person in front of him didn't give him another look after greeting him, but remembering his arrogant attitude before, Ye Ji felt as if he had been stripped naked at the moment. standing under the eyes of the crowd.

On the other hand, Mr. Wei next to him felt a little strange about his son-in-law's silent attitude.

What's going on?

Now it's a great opportunity to help him make connections.

But before he could figure it out, the sound of a "crackling" wine glass falling to the ground came from the other side of the venue.

This big movement suddenly attracted everyone's attention.

on the other side of the venue, the row of cocktails originally placed on the wine table all fell to the ground, the ground was full of spilled wine stains and broken glass fragments.

Beside the wine table, a man was holding the woman's wrist tightly, his eyes fierce.

Recognizing who the man was, President Wei couldn't help turning his head to look at Lin Fei beside him.

"That's,"

"Pei Yan". The woman was struggling to let go of the man's hand, and the corners of her eyes were red and said, "Let me go!"

Pei Yan stared at the woman with red eyes, and said viciously "Xue Lingling"

"You still want to, where are you going?"