Part 142

Tan Rujing resisted the uneasiness in her heart and pretend to be calm: "You...I..."

The hand holding the phone became tighter and tighter. At this time, she felt like she was holding a time bomb, which could destroy her painstaking efforts at any time. All that is considered.

No matter what, let Pei Yan leave first.

Seeing Pei Yan's puzzled expression, Tan Rujing reorganized her language and said, "I mean, it's been a while since you came out, Lingling must be waiting for you..."

Hearing Xue Lingling's name, Pei Yan finally remember his lover who had been neglected for a long time and frowned.

"You're right, I really should go back."

Not noticing the nervous look of the woman in front of him, Pei Yan turned his head and glanced at the choking child sitting in the crib. After hesitating for a moment, he said:

"After all, it's because of me that Haohao cried like this. I'm not worried about leaving now. I'd better wait for a while and leave when Haohao falls asleep..."

"No!" Tan Rujing immediately objected loudly. 

Pei Yan frowned, raised his head and looked strangely at the person in front of him who was suddenly out of control.

Realizing that she had lost her temper, Tan Rujing smiled unnaturally and said: "Haohao has me here, you'd better go back and see Ling..."

"Ding dong——" 

Before she could finish her words, the door bell rang.

As if hearing a terrible voice, Tan Rujing's face instantly turned pale.

Pei Yan finally noticed the abnormal expression on the woman's face, "What's wrong with you?" 

The woman didn't answer, all her attention was now on the bell ringing at the gate.

Pei Yan looked over.

The doorbell continued to ring.

"Ding-dong-ding-dong-"

Seeing that Tan Rujing, who was close to the door, did not open the door for a long time, Pei Yan's brows furrowed even tighter.

"Who is it?"

He walked over, preparing to open the door.

"Don't go!"

Seeing Pei Yan's figure who was about to walk towards the door, the woman finally came back to her senses and couldn't help shouting to stop him.

However, it's too late.

Pei Yan opened the door.

As the door opened, looking at the people standing outside, Tan Rujing's whole body wilted and knelt down on the ground along the sofa, her face gloomy.

Pei Yan looked at the man standing at the door, frowned and said,

"Kaizi, why are you here?"

The man's face at the door tensed, his lips pursed into a line, seeing Pei Yan who came to open the door, His face became more ugly.

"What's the matter?" Pei Yan saw his good buddy who grew up with him and put all doubts behind him, habitually patted his chest lightly. 

"Why is your face so ugly?"

"Did your old man stop you again or dumped by some girl?"

At this moment, through Pei Yan, Feng Kai glanced at Tan Rujing, who was kneeling on the ground. The other party looked over with a pleading and sad eyes, finally turned his head, wiped his face vigorously and cursed in a low voice. When he turned his head again, his originally serious and tense face suddenly became cynical, like a different person.

"You don't know me yet," Feng Kai said lazily.

"Recently, the old man in the family has strict control over me. This is not allowed, that is not allowed. How is my mood!"

"Yes." Pei Yan stepped aside and motioned for him to enter, and said, "You have been here since you were a child. Bad temper, unconvincing."

Feng Kai followed Pei Yan into the door, while Tan Rujing had already stood up slowly on the sofa, turned her head down and turned her back, leaving only one sentence,

"I'll go get you a cup of coffee."

Immediately, she hurriedly walked to the kitchen.

Pei Yan glanced at the woman's back suspiciously, feeling vaguely that something was wrong but he couldn't tell.

"Right!" He turned his head and asked the person beside him, "Why did you suddenly come here to find me?"

The matter between him, Rujing and Lingling is known to all the good buddies around him. If you didn't find him at Senyuan, you would know that he came to Rujing's side.

Now, because of Haohao's affairs, the Tan family feels ashamed and has already said they won't care about it.

Rujing is alone with a child and her life is also inconvenient. Fortunately, she played better with Feng Kai and the others. When he was not free, worried that Rujing had something to do, he asked Feng Kai and the others to take care of her more.

For Feng Kai who came here suddenly, Pei Yan only thought he was here to find him.

Looking at the buddy in front of him who was so good enough to wear a pair of pants, Feng Kai felt as if something was blocking his throat and speechless for a long time. He turned his head and looked at the back in the kitchen, his eyes darkened.

"Ah—Dad—"

Hearing this voice, the man immediately rushed into the bedroom. In the crib, the corners of the little boy's eyes were still wet with tears, they were tugging on his heart.

Feng Kai picked up the child and coaxed softly. Seeing the person holding him, the little boy stopped crying immediately, his small mouth flattened in grievance.

Pei Yan walked in and saw how close his son was to Feng Kai. Leaning against the door, he joked, "This kid usually ignores me, so why is he so close to you?"

Hearing this, not only was the man holding the child startled, but the woman standing in the living room almost broke the coffee pot in her hand. Feng Kai turned his back to Pei Yan and whispered, "Maybe... because I come to see him more often..."

"You come often?" Pei Yan asked casually.

"I..."

Feng Kai was still thinking about how to answer when Tan Rujing interrupted.

"Ayan!"

Pei Yan turned his head. The woman held the coffee pot and said with a slight smile, "The coffee is ready. Come and sit and chat ."

" Come." Feng Kai replied. He looked at the little boy in his arms who was attached to him, a little reluctant to let go. Tan Rujing came over, took the child away from his hand and said, "Give me the child, Haohao should go to bed." 

But the little boy clutched the man's shirt collar tightly, his body twisting and unwilling to let go. 

"No--don't let it--" 

Tan Rujing ignored the child's words, looked at the person in front of him, and said with a strong tone: "Give me the child." 

Feng Kai stared blankly at the woman in front of him, unconsciously letting go, He opened his hands and let her put the baby back in the crib. 

"Ah ah-" the little boy was unhappy and started to cry. Tan Rujing ignored the child's cry, tidied up the quilt and forced the little boy to lie down and sleep. 

"Ah—" 

The child's cry woke up the man who was in a daze. He finally turned his eyes back to the little boy, watching the woman's forced movements, he couldn't help saying: "Haohao is still young, he doesn't want to sleep now, forget it..." 

The woman raised her head and looked at the person in front of her. Feng Kai looked at her indifferent eyes and silently stopped talking.

Seeing that Feng Kai hadn't come over yet, Pei Yan who was in the living room shouted, "Kaizi, why haven't you come yet?"

"Come."

When Feng Kai turned around, he heard the woman whisper, "What should you say. you know." 

The man was silent for a while, then strode towards the living room. At this moment, the bottom of his heart is endlessly cold. 

It turned out that no matter how much he did for her, she never saw him in her eyes.