ch34

the demon quickly took notice of me from the sound of my blade unsheathing from its scabbard, growling it sent a wind blade towards my direction distorting the atmosphere around it.

"Honō no kokyū Shi no kata: Sei En no Uneri"

i positioned myself as i deflected the blades, the demon began to panic seeing how easily i blocked his attack, clicking its tongue it sent another 3 waves towards my direction all which i easily deflected.

the demon screamed running towards me in a alarming speed baring his fangs and claws, in a desperate attempt. i took another ready stance preparing for its next attack.

the demon was within reach and just when i was about to unleash my next attack I was startled when a sudden brush of a kimono's sleeve blocked my view, my eyes softened from it's widened state when my senses finally registered this aura, it was ayame.

3rd person pov

once ayame came close towards the ground she flipped her body around bracing herself, feet facing the ground the demon was crushed underneath her as her hair and sleeves soon followed, flowing down to the side of her body.

"a-ayame! where did you come from?"

she glanced towards him with a pissed look, still mad about loosing the bet though it was expected.

"i was dropped out of the air from attending a meeting, a blood battle meeting to be precise"

the demon struggled beneath her feet growling, her eyes glowed as she glared down at it before stomping its head in.

"its seems you're in a bad mood! were you the one fighting?"

"no, i didnt fight but i lost in a bet"

he chuckled at her while approaching the demon to finish the job with his nichirin, while ayame walked off to let him do so before seathing his blade with a twirl.

"i see! i need to finish up around here before i head back! would you like to join me?"

she hummed in response before looking to her right side, she lifted up her hand to with a index finger pointed towards the direction within the forest towards their left.

"i saw a bundle of demons that way when i was falling"

"hmu thank you ayame"

he said crossing his arms across his chest as they walked side by side through the forest.

"what was the bet for you to be so angry?"

"it was a bet whether he could beat his challenger under 5 minutes if he did i would have to grant him 3 requests while he grants me 2, and knowing him his requests aren't going to be enjoyable"

he hummed in response holding his chin as he glanced down towards her from the side.

"they're comming"

ayame said in a slightly alerted tone gaining kyojuro's attention towards the enemies in front, bending his knees his hands fell to his side where his katana sat while ayame charged in close towards the nearest demons in her direction.

within a split second she had instantly drawed her fans from within her sleeves decapitating two out of the 10 demons, followed by kyojuro taking the 3 demons to her right side.

rr

they were the complete opposite of each other yet within the short amount of time they've known each other their synergy was top notched, it was as if they were one and the same, without even uttering a single sound they understood each other completely.

when they fought together they carried each others life on their shoulder.

only two demons remained, one above ayame and one within her grasp, she could easily destroy both at the same time but she knew the one on top wouldn't even be able to get close to her, because as expected kyojuro had already dashed in to take care of it.

nr

the demons cowered in fear at the presence of the two as they effortlessly killed them one by one.

"r-run we're no match for them!"

ayame and kyojuro walked towards each other with their face and gaze turned towards the running demons, ayame lifted her hand gesturing it towards them.

chains of blood emerged from around her slithering towards the demons, restraining them from the hope of escape.

"go, kyojuro"

he nodded sprinting towards the demons he gave the remaining survivors a fast death as they faded to dust under the night.

cr

sheathing his katana once more and for the last time for this night, he glanced towards ayame with his signature smile.

"now that that's dealt with would you like to go back with me?"

he said with a hand resting on the hilt of the katana, ayame's blank stare turned up into a smile after a blink.

"alright"

kyojuro let out a small giggle as ayame approached him holding her hands behind her back.

"the rengoku estate correct?"

she asked offering him a hand lightly leaning towards him.

"yes!"

he answered grasping her soft hands with his calloused ones initiating contact for ayame to do her magic.

******

"i can never seem to get used to this"

said kyojuro feeling light headed as he watched his body disperse and piece together in petals.

"you'll be fine as long as you don't let go"

she chuckled walking past him on the engawa of his home, while kyojuro looked at her with a nervous smile.

"what happens to those that let go?"

he asked not sure if he wanted to know the answer or not as he gulped.

"hmm~ that's a good question, who knows?"

she answered teasingly glancing back at his held back nervousness through the side of her eye.

"i see! I'll have to make sure i dont do so in the future then"