Ch85 Flame of my heart rr

Pml

"Nee-san!!"

Senjuro ran over in tears with shinobu following behind in a hurry.

"Akami-san!! Thank goodness you're alive we were so worried"

"Shinobu san! I'm glad your alright too, how's kyojuro?"

"It was just as you expected the moment he woke up he made a fuss, and after that he hardly ate or slept and I'm pretty sure kamado san is bringing him over"

She said with a sigh.

She didn't see him anywhere but knowing that he was alive made all her worries disappear in an instant, she giggled in relief while Yukiharu started to get annoyed by everyone ignoring his existence. even though ayame couldn't see him he was in fact still there standing at the corner with tanjiro.

"Rengoku san why don't you go see her? You were so worried too and I'm sure ayame san would feel relieved to see you alright as well"

He stayed silent with a pained look in his eyes while clenching his fists, noticing that she still had her wounds from the bandage around her neck, hand as well at the patch on her cheek, he watched as she was taken inside to get treated with tanjiro looking at him with a worried frown.

"I'll see her later, I can't bring myself to face her right now"

Even though he desperately wanted to run and embrace her he couldn't so much as take another step towards her, he had an angered expression as he left, but it wasn't at ayame that he was mad at but at himself.

he was mad at himself for not being strong enough to prevent her from having to sacrifice her own body, and not being there to save her. He returned inside with tanjiro watching from behind with a saddened look.

******

Yukiharu was showed to a guest room to rest for the night before heading back tomorrow, everyone easily warmed up to him and thanked him for saving ayame, and before they knew it nighttime arrived bringing an end to the long day.

after getting treated Ayame retired to her room in the butterfly estate, sitting on her bed within an isolated room with no light from the outside breaking in, specifically made last minute for her to stay in.

she silently read her book something she hadn't been able to do for a long time, and ayame couldn't help but giggle at the fact she had never expected that the day would come where she would wear the same hospital gown she had saw everyone else wear, but here she is.

She heard a knock on the door of her room with it sliding open moments later revealing the person behind, there kyojuro stood with a shadow casted over his eyes making ayame unable to make out his expression. With a worried tone she got up and walked towards him meeting him by the door.

"Kyojuro? What's wrong? i was going to visit you tomorrow since its late, shouldn't you be asleep? Your wounds haven't healed yet you sho-"

She was interrupted by kyojuro who abruptly cornered her against the wall, with his forearms banged upon both sides of ayame centimetres before her head, the sheer power blew a small breeze through her hair, unable to escape she could hear a grinding sound coming from him.