ch27 cloudy demon

"that should be all"

said senjuro with a small exhale and a large bundle in hand, gazing his eyes up into the sky with dark clouds forming, shrouding the sky in a gloomy darkness without an ounce of sunlight peeking out.

"it looks like its about to rain, i need to head back quickly the-"

"KYAAAAAAAAA"

He was suddenly interrupted by the sound of a loud heart jerking scream in the crowd, thinking it was a simple dispute between citizens, he turned his head bavk down looking beside him, to see a woman trembling on the ground strangely looking towards his direction.

"m-m-monster!"

she stuttered with a ghostly complexion, senjuro tilted his head with a raised brow confused at the woman's words. "Monster?" He thought.

Not understanding what the woman meant he reached a hand out towards her, when suddenly a smell of iron brushed through him with a gust of wind.

a cackling sound slithered behind him with a large shadow overcasting his, forming a silhouette of something inhuman.

a shiver traveled up his back as cold sweat ran down his face, not even daring to move an inch he stared to panic. "blood? is it a demon? Why would a demon be here? its still day time! Did it confuse the dark weather as nightime? what do i do i cant fight it"

the citizens screamed scurrying away in horror, the demon leaped over senjuro crashing on top of the crowd as it brutally ripped their bodies apart, feasting on their fresh organs.

a shadow casted over senjuro's eyes as he dropped to the ground along with his baggage, slapping his mouth shut with his hands without making so much as a squeak as he watched the horror unfold.

"H-HELP ME AAAAH"

"DEAR, GAAUGH-"

crack, crunch, slam, he watched as one after another died in a hopeless struggle, unable to help in his weak state. "what do i do im not strong like ani-ue! i cant fight it especially without a nichirin" tears cascades his eyes, feeling useless and helpless it felt like the end.

the demon stopped in the middle of devouring, and eerily turned its head towards Senjuro, it stared with its void like eyes. its mouth wide and dripping with blood it sneered.

it began to move towards senjuro who was the last one alive, one slow footfall at a time it slowly cornered him as senjuro shifted himself backwards, hitting a wall cutting off his escape.

it launched an attack towards senjuro with its wire like hair, shredding the skin on his arm as he tried to dodge.

"am i going to die here?" he looked up towards the demon with an impending doom, squinting his eyes shut he suddenly saw a memory.