Ch59 an unwanted presence dr

Ayame was able to successfully break out of the illusion, and the first thing she saw when opening her eyes was not what she expected. the train had been surrounded by a layer of flesh wiggling around like worms. She clicked her tongue as her eyes burned in rage, veins popped on her forehead, she could sense a demon aura near the front along with the presence of tanjiro and Inosuke.

She glanced around in attempt to find her katana spotting it as it was slowly getting absorbed by the demons flesh, she quickly grabbed ahold of it and charged towards the front, taking a step back she propelled herself forward passing by kyojuro like a breeze.

"Ayame?"

She heard him call but ignored it as she wasn't in a mood to interact with anyone but the demon she yearned to destroy, once she reached the last cart she took out her katana and cut through the roof to make way.

Leaping up she saw tanjiro and Inosuke falling down with flesh pillars of eyes around them.

"I don't know who you are but you have some nerve showing me that illusion"

She said with a cold glare hovering in the air with an open fan besides her face.

"Ayame san! You're awake watch out for its eyes it'll put you to sleep!"

He shouted as sprouts of eyed flesh directed towards her.

"Blood dance Waltz of the wisps"

With a downward slash of her katana a barrage of wisps blades blew down blinding its eyes letting the two focus of severing its head, and with a violent shake and scream the train began to tumble and fall. She landed gently besides tanjiro with Inosuke violently shaking him.

 She landed gently besides tanjiro with Inosuke violently shaking him

"Your belly got stabbed!"

Inosuke screamed with a hand under tanjiro's head supporting him.

"I wouldn't move him to much Inosuke, let him rest tanjiro would you like me to heal you?"

"Thank you ayame san but I'm alright, I won't be able to move for awhile anyway so can you two go help the passengers instead? Was anyone injured? What about the engineer near the head?"

"The passengers are alive but as for the engineer..."

"ITS OK IF HE DIES"

Inosuke shouted having completely forgotten about the man.

"It's not ok"

Tanjiro replied

"He's the one who stabbed you in the belly remember?"

"Either way help him will you"

Ayame took in a deep breath shutting her fans she placed them back in the pockets behind her belt, after Inosuke put him down Ayame grabbed him by the shoulder dragging him along.

"Come on let's go"

"Let me go a I can walk myself"

He said slapping her hand away.

"Hai hai"

They tended to the ones who were crushed under the train, first ayame helped with lifting the train using her blood and back while Inosuke dragged them out, though he obliged to save them she wished he couldn't done so a little gentler as he might as well worsen their injuries.

"Hmu I see you and that yellow haired boy survived young boar head!"

Kyojuro suddenly appeared with a bright smile sheathing his sword.

"Kyojuro, it seems you're not injured"

"Yes! Luckily, what about young kamado is he alive?"

"Yes he's in the front lying down, he has some minor bruises and a stab wound in his stomach, I offered to help him but he wanted us to help the passengers instead"

"I see, I'll go check up on him you guys keep on with the passengers"

He said turning around with a wave

. Ayame and Inosuke continued to pull out the passengers from under carefully lining them up from the ones that were more severely injured to the less injured ones, starting with the most injured victims ayame allied some of her blood onto their wounds that had slight healing abilities, ust enough to heal them and not turn them into demons. while Inosuke went inside the train to search for any remaining people as well as her box and sword.

"Can you stand?"

"Yes I'll manage thank you young lady"

An old woman responded as ayame supported her off to safety with a smile, just as she reached her destination her smile was quickly wiped away when a large explosion like thud sounded behind her where kyojuro was. The impact blew a dusty wind towards them and her face went pale, she quickly concealed her aura while looking back.

"Akaza..."

She whispered as her face was plagued with worry, she set the woman down before she attempted to run towards kyojuro when a sudden memory popped into her head.

"Promise? No matter what happens I want you to stay away and conceal yourself"

His words rung in her head like chain binding her feet down, not letting her move another inch towards him, she fell to the ground as she could only watch from afar with their figures barely visible.

"Why did he have to show up now?"

She thought with a frown drooping her head down with closed eyes, even though she knew kyojuro was strong and she could trust him to handle himself just fine with demons, but the one standing before him was upper three no matter how strong he is he cannot take him on himself as he could not regenerate like him nor have the same level of stamina.

"What do I do? If I show up now I'll risk myself getting discovered"

As she battled herself in her mind her eyes shot open by the sound of clashing, with a gasp she looked up to see a barrage of flames and blue lights clashing, the fight had started.

"That superb reaction speed of yours... and these breathtaking sword skills will be lost too! Kyojuro! Doesn't that make you sad?"

He said while dodging kyojuro's blade with his fists while executing his own at the same time.

"It happens to everyone! It's a fact of life for any human!"

Kyojuro answered him confidently, Inosuke had just arrived to tanjiro's side as he attempted to get up holding his stomach wound to join kyojuro.

"Do not move! If that wound reopens it'll be fatal! Stand back that's an order!"

He shouted to tanjiro before putting his full attention back towards akaza whom was charging straight towards him.

******