ch1 smiling demon

time pass

"tsk that wretched dream again, its been centuries and yet it still haunts me"

covering her tired eyes with her arm, she clenched her teeth out of frustration, her nails dug into her delicate hands making her dark blood drip down.

her arm slowly slid down her nose bridge revealing a pair of crimson eyes that burned with hatred and sorrow, glaring at her palm with no wound to be found.

"how disgusting"

she got up from the bath that had gone cold and carefully dressed herself in her kimono, tightening her obi along with a bell that dangled on the obijime a tranquil sound could be heard a sound that kept her sane silencing the screams in her mind.

she lazily threw on her haori and walked out to the second floor patio under the shade of the roof that protected her from the sun, carefully avoiding its deadly rays

her footsteps silent only the dragging of fabric could be heard tailing behind, she passed by a door with disturbing sounds of bones breaking and tearing flesh. her eyes narrowed before putting a hand on the wooden frame of the fusama door and sliding it open.

she was met with the view of a crimson puddle and dismembered bodies of women, and in the middle sat a demon with curly blonde hair and stunning rainbow eyes.

"douma..."

the demon turned around to face her with a face stained with blood and a cheeky grin.

"ara ara~? ayame chan is here"

he took another bite out of the severed arm in his hand without breaking eye contact trying to provoke a reaction from ayame, but unfortunately for him she had grown used to these scenes and no longer felt anything towards it.

she detested the fact that she had grown used to it as if it was a normal thing like walking, making her feel more detached from the humanity she desperately tried to hang on to.

douma offered his hand dripping with a red liquid gesturing ayame who was standing by the door to come closer, she let out a sigh like a mother who was humoring her child understanding what he wanted.