Ch97 dr

Since then over the course of these few weeks, Douma has been trying to subtly figure out how fast things were starting to change in her. Watching carefully like a hawk he was able to quickly figure things out as if it were a simple equation, so far he was able to pin point exactly what changed and the rate it happened.

Douma POV

"Ack-"

"Aya chan? Is it another headache?"

I asked watching Aya chans brows furrowed under the palm of her hand.

"Ne aya chan, is there a way for you to alter your body again? I don't like seeing Aya chan in pain, and we don't know the reason for it"

"I don't know... it would take quite some time but I'm assuming that these may just be some after effects, it'll probably disappear soon"

Aya chan said with a dazed look in her eyes, I simply put a smile, trying to hide my thoughts from showing on my face knowing that it wasn't as simple as it may seem. Each time "that" man appears she always seem to get these migraines, and each time the frequency of them increases as well.

And slowly and subtly each time a small part of Aya chan old personality starts to revert, it like we were slowly going back to the past to the day I first met her, and if I just let things be within half a year at most I will completely lose her.

Feeling a pressure in my chest I clenched my jaw at the very thought of it, but what can I do? I don't have the power to fight against him, but I also can't bare to watch her slowly slip away.

"Douma? What's wrong? I can hear your teeth grinding"

"I'm just holding back the urge to eat you up Aya chan~ you look so pretty"

Wrapping my arms around her much smaller figure I wondered how much longer will I be able to do this? How much longer until she ends up rejecting me again.

3rd person POV

Leaning back against the wall the world in ayame's eyes subtly became dimmer and dimmer, she had a choice to run away again and leave everything behind, but in doing so she would risk lives of many humans as well as Douma a demon she had never thought she would come to care for.

Her heavy eyelids suddenly began to widen up with her brows harshly knitting together, raising a knee she leaned forward with her guard up high as a unspeakable hatred burned in her glaring eyes.

"Ara? It's muzan sa-"

Douma was interjected as something flew past his face from behind him towards muzan who was standing by the window, slightly tilting his head with a stoic expression muzan dodged the said object with it embedding itself into the wall as a result.

Douma gawked in shock seeing a blood made knife cracked inside the wall, slowly looking over his shoulder to see ayame's hand extended forward, realizing that she was the one whom threw the knife.

"A-ayame chan?!?"

He stuttered with a hand covering his mouth, if there was something that he had to choose to dislike about ayame it would be the fact she did not hold back to pull stunts like this at a man he could not protect her from. Looking back at muzan he prayed to any entity in existence in worry he may kill her.

Muzan side glanced towards the wall and back towards ayame's glowing eyes.

"What a warm welcome, I see you're still as disrespectful as always, maybe it's because you don't realize the situation you're in"

"..."

Ayame stayed silent at his remark, misunderstanding what situation he meant that only him and Douma knew about.

"Well you'll find out soon enough, that is if you don't reach my expectations"

He sneered disappearing as fast as he appeared the next second, the moment he did ayame winced as a striking pain emerged in her head. It felt as if a piece of her brain was slowly being ripped from her, fighting for it with an unknown source until eventually being snatched away. Falling forward with a hand on the tatami floor and the other on the side of her head, "what is going one with me?" She thought.

"Aya chan..."

With a softening gaze Douma held her head close to his chest, with an arm wrapped around her shoulder and a hand placed on hers at the side off her head. While watching ayame struggle, muzans words repeated in his head alarming him. He contemplated again and again over what he could've possibly meant,  it all he knew was that it was something ayame would not like.

His brows relaxed as the crease on his head smoothed down feeling a shuffle in his arms, he let go of his grasp with ayame sitting back up straight.

"Is Aya chan Alright now?"

"Yes, if I knew I would be getting another headache from seeing him, I would've threw another at him"

Douma giggled at her reply, he wished that he could be like her, not having to bear his curse and having to put up a front every single time, treading carefully like he were stepping on a hill of needles to prevent his thoughts from being read.

"That wouldn't be good Aya chan, what if muzan sama decided to kill you, what will I do then?"

Pointing his index finger on ayame's creased glabella as she squinted her eyes, he stared intently at his finger with his rainbow eyes Unfocused. He who was a demon capable of freezing everything around him with a flaunt of his aura, wondered if he could freeze something that was formless.

What else was his power capable of other than taking lives? Douma was snapped out of his thoughts when he felt small fingers wrap around the side of his hand and over his knuckles, with the light returning to his pupils a closed eye smile plastered on his face.