ch37 lost NR

an expression of pure shock struck on her face before it was quickly replaced with one of anger.

"kyojuro are you listening to yourself?

"i know but-"

he clenched his fists tight besides him, he knew the words he uttered were absurd if she had even so much as stepped within the corps headquarters she would be immediately executed by the other pillars without so much as a word.

"kyojuro joining is practically impossible for me, whether i like it or not to muzan has me on a leash, only after my death would i be able to join, i may be free to do whatever i want now but i don't know how long it will last"

even though muzan had no control over her actions, he had other ways of tying her down to him just like he did in the past.

she cupped her ears trying to block out the screams of the victims that were sacrificed because she had tried to runaway from him once before, if only he had never found her that day she could be freed from his threats that wrapped around her neck like a rope.

"you don't need to answer me right away just think about it, oyakata sama wishes to help and for you to be freed from him. joining the corps will help in doing so"

"i know but i can't"

her voice trembled in fear and without saying another word she left.

******

she went back to her room in the temple, crouching down she hugged her knees tight burying her face within them. she was at a lost, a chance at salvation was so near yet so far out of her reach all because of her fear for a single mans actions.

her grip around her arms tightened as she frowned with closed eyes.

"ayame chan? are you back?"

douma called as he peeked through the side of the shoji, the moment he sensed her aura he had rushed to her to welcome her back with another one of his silly pranks, but what he saw prevented him from doing so.

ayame peeked her eyes above her arms towards where douma stood.

"douma... what do i do"

she sighed before planting the side of her face on her kneecaps.

" ara ara? did something happen?"

he said in a sweet tone as he hopped over towards her side.

"i was offered to join the corps"

she whispered. douma's eyes widened from the news, he hummed in response as he squatted down in a similar position as ayame.

"but do you want to?"

"this isn't about if i want to or not douma you know that"

she snapped back with a continued from upon her face before hiding it within her legs once again.

"now now ayame chan just sulking about it wont help, did he say when you had to give an answer"

she shook her head within her arm indicating her answer.

"then you can decide later you never know what might happen right?"

Though it was a simple reply one anyone could agree with, she just couldn't help having Kyojuro's words plague her mind. She didn't need to give an immediate answer and there may be chances in the future for her to decide, ayame raised her head out of hiding as she looked at his grinning face.

"now then shall we go train? its been a long time and it'll help you get your mind off it"

he suggested offering her a hand as he stood up from the floor. ayame cracked a small smile at him before placing a hand in his as he helped her to her feet.

"shall we?"

******

douma was right, sparing was an effective way to distract her from her thoughts, with the multiple attacks comming her way she didn't have the time to think about anything else.

"ayame chan has gotten stronger at this rate you might take my spot as an upper moon"

"that won't happen as its the last thing i would want to be"

he giggled before suddenly throwing a demon technique towards ayame.

"Kekijutsu Fuyuzare Tsurara"

a barrage of long sharp icicles showered down above ayame catching her off gaurd, she shattered into petals upon contact reforming a long distance behind.

"oi douma didnt you say we weren't using demon arts?"

"hmm but ayame chan i think we should move on and include it now don't you think?"

he whined as he fanned himself with a smirk, half of what he said was indeed true and the other half was out of pure curiosity. ayame closed her eyes taking in a deep breath before sighing.

"at least warn me unlike you im not completely immune to pain nor fond of it"

"hai hai sorry ayame chan, so have you calmed down a bit?"

he asked with his head tilted towards ayame.

"yes, I've decided to see how things turn out in the future before deciding"

"hmm? that's a good choice, well either way I'll support ayame chan"

she smiled hearing his rare words of encouragement.

"well then just make sure you dont regret it in the future"