Ch58 illusion or reality rr

Pml

"My my aya you're not a child anymore, you should stop sticking to this old mother of yours"

Her mother said patting ayame's shoulder as she was still holding onto her even after moving inside of their home.

"I don't see a problem, it just shows how much my wife loves you mother in law"

"Sigh, what did you do to bring me such a nice son in law"

Ayame giggled pulling away from her mother to sit beside kyojuro.

"Hmm who knows? Maybe I was just lucky"

They smiled at each other, "it feels as if I was stuck in a nightmare".

They fell further and further into their sweet slumber of illusions, letting the demon they came to slay to work on his schemes.

"One two three now turn"

Ayame chanted while clapping in a rhythm as she coached her sisters kagura dance practice.

"Ahhh~ onee-sama I can't do it! You make it look so easy"

Miyo said collapsing onto the ground on all fours wiping the sweat from her forehead.

"That's because I practiced hard now try again"

"Ehhh?"

Ayame sighed while kyojuro walked up to her from behind.

"Why don't we take a break then?"

"We can't do that kyojuro, if she's going to be the next miko she needs to practice"

Ayame looked towards him with a hand on her hip.

"What's the hurry? If she doesn't become one right away that means I get to see you perform longer"

Kyojuro leaned down planting a kiss on her cheek followed by a hug.

"Fine... we'll take a break, only because your onii-sama here is so doting"

"Yaaay! Thank you onii-sama you're a life saver"

The room bustled with the sounds of happiness giving the chance for a young boy to take action.

Ayame and kyojuro went to the kitchen to prepare some snacks, kyojuro poured some the tea while ayame cut up some fruits for them to share.

"Ouch!"

Ayame winced dropping the knife down after having her finger grazed by it.

"Ayame are you alright?"

Kyojuro ran over holding her hand as he inspected the wound.

"Don't worry I'm immortal it'll heal...Huh? Why did I say that"

She said whispering.

Pm

"I-I'll go rinse it off be right back"

Kyojuro reached towards her with worried expression.

"Wait ayame I'l-"

Kyojuro was cut off as she disappeared in an instant.

Ayame ran off towards the nearest springs outside the her house that was within the shrine, grabbing onto the railing she gently submerged her finger in the chilly water "what's wrong with me today?"

She thought with slanted eyebrows, swaying her hand in the clear fountain watching as waves formed carrying her blood with it tainting the water. The blood then glowed bright forming the shape of a pair of Crimson eyes peering through her in the waters reflection, her eyes widened.

"WAKE UP!"

The reflection grabbed onto her wrist with a clawed hand.

"What do you think you're doing letting yourself live this lie, ayame they're all dead THIS ISNT REAL"

She snapped out of her trance with a gasp as all of her memories flooded back, the screams of people the shredding pain of ripped limbs and the anger that she suffered poured into her like a broken dam, "that's right I was on a mission" she thought clenching her hand into a fist, she raised her head looking around her surroundings for a way out.

Taking a step to the side She ran out of the shrine at full speed, without a second thought leaving everything she had here behind.

"Huh onee-san?"

Kana said as she saw her sister run out with a frightening glare and frown completely different from her usual sister she knew, a shiver went down her spine she went inside to find her mother.

"How do I get out? Is there a demon nearby I need to kill? What do I do"

Running through the forest with the barrage of trees passing her vision one by one ayame tried to find a way out, Leaping towards the right she was lead back to where she had started at the bottom of the stairs. stopping in her tracks ayame glanced back and forth catching her breath she began to panic as her path were cut off.

"What do I do? I have to get out as soon as po-"

"Ayame?"

She flinched at the voice of her younger sister, hesitantly she turned to look over her shoulder slowly with a devastated look, her family along with kyojuro had somehow followed her like lingering regrets trying to pull her back with eyes of worry plastered upon their faces.

"What's wrong aya dear? Kiyo said you ran out with a cold sweat did something happen?"

"Okaasama"

She whispered looking back at them with squinted eyes, lowering her head her bangs covered her expression, her hands clenched even harder as cold droplets of rain started to drop turning into a hard downpour.

"Once I find the demon I'll make sure to obliterate them"

Clenching her jaw she looked up at them with a pained smile with tears cascading her eyes that were hidden by the rain.

"I'm sorry, but I have to go"

"Onee-sama are you leaving? Don't go stay with us"

Miyo said holding back tears her nose burned red, ayame felt a sharp stab in her heart seeing her sister whom she could only meet in a dream like this beg her to stay.

A pink flame burst around her, ayame closed her eyes making a tear fall down as it burned up by the flames, embracing it her attire changed back into her slayer uniform, her demon mark engraved upon her body once more. Her eyes fluttered open revealing vermillion eyes with crescent irises, her hair fell back down to her side.

Their mother held her mouth shut with a horrified look seeing her changed appearance, she fell to the ground with her sisters supporting her on the sides.

"Ayame? You-"

She ran back towards them giving them one last hug.

"if only we had 5 more minutes"

She let go feeling their warmth slip away from her hands forever she took a step back, looking towards kyojuro who stood their with a confused frown she smiled.

"I'll see you on the other side kyojuro"

He tilted his head to the side with a smile, And with that she stabbed her own hand through her heart.