Ch67 god of festivities dr

Two pairs of hands reached from behind them one covering their mouths and the other binding their hands, ayame saw something glistening at the side of her eye looking up was obanai boiling with rage holding an unsheathed katana.

Signaling him with her eyes she tried to make him back down, looking towards the side Kanroji was knocked unconscious she realized the cloth they held over her mouth had a sleeping drug induced on it. Since high demons were somewhat resistant to poison ayame didn't notice, she quickly relaxed her body closing her eyes to pretend to fall asleep.

She waited until they were carried to their base before taking action, once they got closer she could feel a slight aura of a demon concealing her own she waited.

"K-kuro sama! W-we brought you some more girls p-please let us go!"

"Huh? Let you go you say? HAHAHA"

"K-kuro sama?"

"Alright then you're free to go"

The mysterious man brightened up as he bowed 90 degrees towards the demon along with his companion.

"T-thank you! Kuro sa-"

Before they could finish their sentence the demon shot its branch like limbs towards the two people but before it reached ayame successfully severed them with her fans, this time she was able to save someone without using her body as a shield withholding her promise to kyojuro.

The two men fell down to their bottoms scurrying away with a Yelp, Mitsuri then woke up breaking free from her restraints.

"Aren't you supposed to be asleep? Well no matter either way you're dead!"

the demon tried to launch another attack but obanai then rushed in throwing Mitsuri her weapon the two of them cut its head and limbs off with one fell swoop.

"What took you so long?"

"Shut it I should be the one talking after putting Kanroji through that"

"I do feel bad for exposing her to a drug, but in the end we were able to catch the demon without any injuries"

"It's fine besides I had a good dream and akami san protected me like she promised!"

Ayame had planned this, considering most of the victims were women and luckily the target had their eyes set on them she proposed they use themselves as bait to lure out the culprit by walking into that alley.

"Well then let's head back, I'll send you two to hq as for the two men that ran away..."

"I already told the officers they should have been caught by now"

"So that's what you were doing"

Ayame said shutting her fan and tapping it within her palm, tapping both of them on the shoulder they head back to the corps.

*******

Another morning passed quietly as ayame safely stored the dress Mitsuri had brought for her a week ago away changing back into her usual yukata and kimonos, once she patted her hair dry from having just taken a bath she sat in front of a mirror to do her hair.

She did a simple updo by twisting her hair tight and wrapping it around tight securing it with a kanzashi, when she noticed kyojuro coming from the hall from the reflection of her mirror

She did a simple updo by twisting her hair tight and wrapping it around tight securing it with a kanzashi, when she noticed kyojuro coming from the hall from the reflection of her mirror. she looked towards his smiling reflection as he approached.

"You've been keeping your hair up a lot these days"

"It's been a habit of mine, I only stopped because the person I used to live with kept on taking it down"

"That person must've really like you with your hair down"

Kyojuro said leaning against the wall with his hands within his sleeve.

"He did, he said it was a pity keeping this 'beautiful' hair up all the time his name is Douma, he's also the one that saved me from being executed"

"Hmm I see, I agree with him your hair is very pretty!"

Ayame's eyes widened before squinting as she smiled in the mirror with a giggle.

"Thank you kyojuro"

"I'll be off then! Today is my last exam before I can go on missions again"

He said straightening himself back up.

"I'll go with you then, I heard tanjiro is coming back from a mission today, I'd like to see his sister since I didn't get a chance last time"

"That's a good idea!"

He offered her a hand supporting her up from the ground, ayame went towards her closet taking out her veil and wagasa katana she headed back towards kyojuro who was standing outside at the hall.

"Senjuro! Ayame and I will be heading to the butterfly estate"

Kyojuro shouted into the house as he put in his geta.

"Hai!"

Senjuro answered somewhere within the house. They headed out right after ayame pulled her veil over her head with kyojuro holding her wagasa open they walked up the hill to the butterfly estate.

"Hai you're all healed rengoku san. you can continue to go on your missions now without worry, try not to expose your left eye with extremely bright light for long or strain it, it may deteriorate your remaining sight"

"Got it! Thank you kocho"

Shinobu flashed a closed eye smile.

"Oh right ayame san, I have some blood bags stored for you donated by rengoku san and just recently Kanroji san and kamado san as well, I would've liked to donate some for you too,  unfortunately I have wisteria poison in it, so if you ever need it I'll take it out for you"

"Thank you shinobu san I'll be sure to thank them both as well when I see them next time"

"It's quite alright I heard rengoku san was the one who made you take blood"

"Yes... even though I refused he didn't take no for an answer"

"Of course! I can't have you going into a coma in a dangerous place!"

He said folding his arms.

"That's true"

"Now then we'll be taking our leave"

"Hai goodbye"

She waved them off as they walked out of the room and walking down the hall, once they neared the room that led outside to the backyard they heard a hoard of chaotic yelling.

"We'll go in Aoi's stead!!!"

They both stopped in their tracks looking towards each other before the shoji that lead to the engawa outside, upon sliding the shoji open they were met with a strange view, but before ayame could register what was happening something flew towards her.