ch18 a flame

pml

his presence disappeared extinguished like a fire in the rain, "he must have gone to muzan tsk" Ayame whispered with a threatening frown.

"Ayame sama..."

she looked back down towards inari who had an expression of guilt plastered upon her face, it was the first time seeing that expression on a human who found out what she was, with a pitying smile she gave her head a pat.

"dont worry, but from now on i suggest you stay away from the temple for your safety"

lifting her hand off her head she turned around to leave.

"wait!"

she reached for ayame's hand only to grasp a handful of petals as her body disappeared into the dark night, Inari stood there in a daze before falling down to the ground with the sun rising behind her.

she let out a gasp when the beheaded body that layed in front of her turned to ash, "what?" she thought.

******

Ayame appeared back at the temple landing with a loud thud, "something's off" she thought peering down towards her footing laid a familiar figure.

"Ayame chan you're back"

said douma crushed under ayame's foot, laying on his stomach starfish position with marks of the tatami floor engraved onto his cheek. upon realizing ayame quickly hopped off.

"what are you doing here"

"well i was waiting for you to come back ayame chan"

he got up patting his legs he dusted himself, glancing towards ayame and gasped at the sight of her with blood stains all over, faking a worried expression he brought a hand to his mouth.

"ara ara~ ayame chan what happened"

grabbing a handkerchief from his pocket he carefully wiped the blood of her pale cheek.

"now is not the time for that, that damned Kageki set me up"

she grunted grabbing his hand away from her face with a frustrated frown.

"Kageki? what was he doing the-"

the scenery suddenly changed with the sound of a biwa, she was back at the place she so loathed feeling a familiar and disgusting aura ayame's expression became completely dead.

"well that was faster than i had expected

pm

Ayame said turning back to face muzan who was sitting crossed legged on his throne like chair, a displeasured expression stood on his ghostly face.

"i gave you freedom but i didnt allow you to kill one of my minions"

"i will kill whoever i want if i see fit"