ch13 treat edit

2 days later

pml

******

"Ayame chan~ are you still mad at me?"

"what do you mean?"

setting down the brush she used to paint a hobby she recently picked up to pass time, swiftly lifting her head turning it to look over at douma whom sat at the other side of the room.

"about my question from two days ago about muzan sama"

Ayame stared at him with a straight and unamused look before turning her attention back at her painting.

"why do you think so?"

she asked picking up the brush with her slim fingers she glided it over the white paper with a smooth motion, creating an image with the dark ink.

"because ayame chan all you ever do these days is paint and refuse to go out with me~ it has been so long since you last did"

she snapped her brush in half with veins popping on her head she angrily smiled.

"you still have the nerve to ask huh? if i recall correctly the last time you dragged me out with you, you got us stranded under the sun for a day after i specifically told you i needed to renew my Kekijutsu"

with a cheery closed eye smile a classic expression of his, he tapped his cheek with a finger chuckling.

"i simply miscalculated the time a bit ayame chan"

He said, though it was a complete lie no demon would ever be able to miscalculate something that meant life or death, especially one as clever as him. He simply did so on a whim to be close to Ayame, unknowing that it would backfire on him.

"and that miscalculation nearly got us killed"

she snapped back.

"but we survived didnt we? i even covered you ayame chan"

she sighed with her eyes closed dropping her broken brush.

pm

"maybe some other time douma, I'm not in the right stage of mind right now, in the meantime ill do something else for you"

his eyes perked up hearing ayame would grant him a request

"really?"

"yes"

Ayame replied while she cleaned up her desk rolling up the unfinished painting .

douma had caught a glimpse of contents it was a picture of a faceless woman, out of curiosity he asked

"Ayame chan who is that woman that you painted"

she slightly flinched turning her head as her wide eyes met with douma, looking back down upon the picture she smiled in agony.