Ch90 dr

Like a ghost muzans presence from last night stuck to her like a lingering omen, deep inside her she could hear her time slowly reach its end. Tick tick tick tock... how much longer do I have?

"Akami san... are you alright?"

Mitsuri asked with a worried expression as she snapped her out of her mind by the sound of her voice, ayame hadn't noticed that she had been clenching her nails into her palm until Mitsuri brought it to light by holding up her hand from beside her.

"Ah... sorry Mitsuri san, I'm just..."

Her throat choked shut right before she could utter the word "scared", there was many emotions that came along with the thought of returning to muzan, but the one that burned the most was fear. She feared she would hurt the people she came to treasure in the corps, and she feared her hands would get stained with the blood of innocents once again.

Kyojuro appeared from behind them with serious face, Mitsuri turned to face him while ayame didn't move an inch and continued to face forward.

"Rengoku san..."

"Don't worry Kanroji, ayame! The future is uncertain and the day when he comes for you may never come, we just have to do our best to prevent it from happening"

He reassured with his usual enthusiastic tone trying to brighten up the mood.

"I wish I could be as optimistic as you are kyojuro, but you're right, it's uncertain that the day he may come will arrive, but it's also uncertain that he will not come, so when that happens I have a request"

She turned around with a solemn expression staring straight up at Kyojuro's eyes.

"I want you Rengoku kyojuro the flame hashira of the demon slayer corps, to be the one that ends me if I ever stray from my path, promise me that, I don't want to hear any delusional words like I'm sure there's another way, I don't want to risk taking anymore lives"

"Akami san!"

Mitsuri exclaimed with a scrunched up face still holding on to ayame's hand. Kyojuro went silent with his head lowered, both Mitsuri and ayame waited for his response in the silence around them. kyojuro dropped his hands to his side from its crossed position, looking up with a blazing fire in his eyes he spoke.

"I promise, I will try my best to do so even if it costs me my life"

Ayame closed her eyes with a smile and sigh of relief.

"Thank you kyojuro, for accepting such a heavy request"

"but! if there is another solution that has a high chance of success that doesn't cost your life, I will put that as a priority as I do not want you to perish in such a way"

"That is if you could do so before shinazugawa decides to murder me first, I could feel his urge to behead me during the meeting"

Kyojuro laughed in response since he couldn't deny the fact he was indeed oozing out the urge to kill her on the spot. After Mitsuri reassured ayame was alright, she hesitantly waved them off as ayame and kyojuro headed back to the Rengoku estate where Senjuro was waiting.

Even with both Mitsuri and Kyojuro's reassurance the impending feeling within her didn't cease, though she tried not to worry those around her more than they needed, she couldn't help but let out a sigh as she sat down by the engawa.

Admits her overthinking a futile thought came to her, "maybe I should ask shinobu to alter my body" that thought was quickly shot down due to the fact she didn't know what would be effective in combating muzans unlimited abilities. With another sigh she rolled her bell within the palm of her hand with her thumb, and small gentle footsteps emerged by the corner where Senjuro stood with a plate of cups.

"Ara senjuro, did you come to keep me company?"

Ayame asked leaning back on one hand as she waved with the other, nodding Senjuro slowly approached the spot besides ayame handing her a cup of tea before settling himself down.

"Are you and nii-san alright? You two seemed pretty worried when you came back and nii-san immediately went to train, earlier than he usually does to"

With a small gentle smile ayame hanged her arms over Senjuro's shoulder pulling him into a embrace, looking over his head she watched a small bird land on the ground before them in the bright sun.

"It's nothing serious, not for now at least"

She said knowing that it was a lie, nothing may happen right away but she knew the day she has to come face to face with muzan isnt to far off. And knowing that she decided to do everything she needed before then so she could resign her life to kyojuro and leave this world with no regrets, that is if muzan decides not to kill her first.

"Ne, Senjuro"

"Hai?"

"I know I haven't been able to do much for you but, was I able to be a good nee san for you?"

Senjuro tilted his head to the side as he wondered what warranted such a sudden and odd question, deciding not to think too deep into it his lips turned up into a smile.

"Of course, you encouraged me, believed in me and even saved my life, I couldn't ask for a better nee san"

Ayame chuckled with a warm smile, she felt satisfied that she was at least able to do something good without bloodshed.

"Thank you Senjuro"

Ayame pulled him in for a hug, looking up towards the sky over his shoulder she said in a comforting voice.

"No matter what you choose to do in the future make sure to be happy and keep your head up, even when times are hard and many losses occur try not to dwell on it to much, time won't reverse itself for you, so cry it all out and let it clear out your eyes for a new day, that is my last advice for you"

"Nee san what do you mean?"

Ayame stayed silent only increasing Senjuro's ever growing confusion and worry.