Ch62

A month has passed since then and tanjiro had started his rehab training today with the help of ayame, she used this chance to practice her swordsmanship.

"I'm surprised at how fast you improve tanjiro"

Ayame complimented as their wooden swords grinded together as they clashed.

"Really? I didn't notice"

Tanjiro chuckled while they both pulled away with a jump back.

"Let's take a break now we've been training for a long time, it's not good to strain your body while you're still healing, we'll continue after I come back from my mission"

"Hai! oh right ayame san are you going to visit rengoku san now? If you are do you mind if I come along as well?"

Ayame stored her wooden sword back within its holder, she turned around with a smile untying the tasuki holding her kimono sleeves.

"Of course I'm sure kyojuro would appreciate your presence there"

She said approaching tanjiro while wrapping the white tasuki ribbon around her hand storing it back in her sleeve, tanjiro giggled with a closed eye smile handing ayame her veil to protect her from the sun as they proceeded to head down the hall towards kyojuro's room.

"UMAI!"

A enthusiastic yell erupted from inside with ayame and tanjiro just barely making it to the door outside, they both stopped startled from the loud sound that they could never seem to get used to, they looked towards each other with a giggle glad to hear kyojuro was still the same as ever they entered the room.

As expected upon entering they were met with the view of Senjuro and their father standing there, with Senjuro passing kyojuro sweet potatoes that ayame recently found out was his favourite food as simple as it was.

"Ah ayame young kamado!"

He said with his same wide eyed smile, Senjuro turned around from his chair to greet them while shinjuro stood their with his usual grumpy expression, before he quickly noticed tanjiro's earrings. His eyes became bloodshotted as he pointed towards tanjiro startling him.

"You're a breath of the sun user aren't you?!?"

"Breath of the sun? I've never heard of such breathing!"

Kyojuro responded looking up at his father with a stunned expression.

"You idiot that's the first breath ever created!"

Shinjuro shouted back. Ayame wrapped a hand around her waist as she sighed downwards, with closed eyes she tapped her head.

 Ayame wrapped a hand around her waist as she sighed downwards, with closed eyes she tapped her head