ch46

"then i suppose you wouldn't mind speaking his name and telling us about him"

her eyes traced to the man with the snake as he pointed at her with a slithering finger.

"obanai is correct! if you truly broke off the curse you shouldn't be affected by it"

a man with jeweled headband spoke, hands still placed upon the blades behind his back, eager to draw them at any moment.

"ayame.."

kyojuro said tapping her on the shoulder, everyone watched her in anticipation as she lowered her head veiling her expression.

"ah how pitiful to have to meet an end like this. i shall pray for you namu-amidabutsu"

a lardge man chanted with tears in his eyes.

"oyakata sama!"

ubuyashiki didnt answer sanemi's call as his smile only grew wider.

"lets see where should i start"

ayame finally spoke up holding her chin as she thought, everyone's attention went back to her with wide eyes. eyes that burned through her the same feeling she had when she was cast away by the many people in her past.

her grip grew tighter along with her discomfort, kyojuro raised an arm with his haori covering her from their stares.

"rengoku san?"

misturi said with downturned eyebrows. ayame looked up at him with a smile before shaking her head from side to side pushing his arm down, and with a confident expression she continued.

"I'll start by telling you all what you want to know the most, the location of kibutsuji muzan"

everyone waited in anticipation and was surprised when nothing happened to her, their suspicions slightly lightened up turning into eagerness to know what she would say.

"if i were you all i would give up on trying to track him"

"tsk oyakata sama she isn't willing to tell us we should eliminate her now"

Obanai said in a threatening manner.

"obanai please let her finish before deciding, ayame"

"hai, his location isnt somewhere you can have access to, its within a domain of a demons Kekijutsu the infinity fortress, and unless the demon wills it there is no possible way to enter"

some gasped and some frowned in disappointment. They felt as if all their hopes in eliminating him had been for nothing, only leaving a heavy disappointment in their hearts.

"that would explain how we were never able to track him"

said shinobu.

"as for his abilities even i cannot say, he has never been in battle himself and the only other time he uses his strength is to punish or kill other demons, and they aren't notable abilities, as for his looks its the same he has many forms, man, woman, child he even has aura manipulation and his precision is near perfect"

"it seems the more we know about him the farther we are"

ubuyashiki said with an unfaltering smile even in this desperate situation, after all if the leader losses hope the slayers will follow suite in due time.

"but if i had to say his original body is that of a man in his late 20s, curly black hair eyes that resembles mine and pale skin that you should never mention if you meet him, unless you are asking for death"

"thank you ayame for telling us all this"

"oyakata sama with all due respect you don't really intent to let a demon go and even so far as letting her join the corps do you? she's a human eating demon!"