Ch106 dr

"My, muzan your temper is still as short as ever, you really need to work on that"

He turned his murderous gaze down towards ayame who had a tilted head and smile, and within a few seconds his gaze somewhat softened along with his aura.

"Hmm? Is there a problem with that"

"Well, it could cause a problem for you no? I couldn't care less what happens to demons or those humans but what if you accidentally kill someone who knows information on what you want, it would be unfortunate, it would be the sam as what happened with that doctor"

He couldn't say anything against her reasoning, except to silently agree while gazing at her. Ayame's words reminded him of the old her that he knew in his childhood, even then she had always begged him about his temper but yet she never shied away from him, and instead she always supported him and helped him by his side.

Knowing that he felt conflicted, the only reason why she was acting like her old self was due to his manipulation, and not on her own accord. Feeling a sense of nostalgia and a hint of guilt, knowing the real ayame despised him.

"Is this guilt I feel? Me? A perfect being? Impossible, this is how she should be, it is simply because she was brainwashed with those innocent ideals that she cannot comprehend my goals, I simply helped her realize that" he thought in his mind. He stood up from his seat, presenting himself confidently with his indifferent stare.

"I will consider it"

The biwa played and he disappeared from his spot with a shut of a shoji.

With Muzan gone, the rest of the demons didn't see a need to stay and all eventually followed suite, disappearing one by one until it was just ayame, Douma, and surprisingly akaza left. Ayame could feel his harsh gaze burning into her, it felt as if he was seeing to the very depths of her soul yet she wasn't surprised by it.

"Is there something you need from me?"

Reciprocating his glare with one of her own, akaza simply clicked his tongue and jumped away like a cat in defeat.

"Is there anyone that's even remotely normal here?" Ayame muttered with sigh. Her ears then suddenly perked up by the sound of familiar deep footsteps approaching, looking to the side it was as she had expected.

"Douma"

"Hehe are you ready? Aya chan~"

Fanning himself he reached a hand towards her, remembering that she had promised to go help investigate a area with him. Staring down at his palms, she shut her eyes and swiftly walked passed him.

"Let's just get it over with"

She said with Douma looking back towards her.

"Hai hai"

********

With his hopes as low as it can be, Douma led her to the same garden she often visited in the past. Even though his mind knew not to expect anything, his heart said otherwise as a small flicker of anticipation lit inside. Douma began his plan by first pretending to scout the area for spider lilies, while discreetly leading her closer and closer to the place that was most significant to her.

"Aya chan over there, I think we might find something there"

Gaining her attention from the other direction he patiently waited for her to come over, her expression towards him was as indifferent as ever with movements of great efficiency yearning to finish up as soon as possible. Douma set the stage of a gamble, prying away the trees branches like a curtain to a stage he made way for the main character to enter.

Moving onto the second part of his plan, he gave her time for the scenery to settle in her mind while subtly dropping hint that may trigger her memory.

"Ara~? It's such a pretty field, it feels familiar even I wonder if me and Aya chan has been here before"

Tapping his fan on the side of his cheek, Douma walked up beside ayame in hopes that something would happen.

"Douma..."

She whispered, his heart beat rose with glistening eyes, he answered with a enthusiastic voice.

"Yes? Aya chan~"

"Do you mind explaining why in the world you're sticking to me when you asked me to come help you to cover more ground, or was that a lie to drag me out"

With a threatening Kubrick stare, his hope shattered in an instant like he had expected in his head.

"Aww how mean~ alright then I'll leave Aya chan alone, oh and make sure not to kill any hunters if you meet them, I would like to collect them alive for some experiments"

He said jumping off with a lie, the only reason why he had said that was to keep his promise to her, after all he was a demon that only ate beautiful women. He moved away far enough for him to be able to see her in a distance, and for him not to be noticed at the same time. Quietly he watched as she began to move.

Other side

Leaning his heavy body on the wall of his room with a thud, he slowly slid down with a heavy sigh.

He was tired beyond relief but yet he couldn't stop, like an unknown force he felt a hand push him on the back to keep on trying, and trying, and trying

He was tired beyond relief but yet he couldn't stop, like an unknown force he felt a hand push him on the back to keep on trying, and trying, and trying. Not knowing when it's ok to stop, without a brake to stop his footsteps, he stared up to the wall of his room where a large map hanged with pins and markings.

Rising up to his feet once more, he slowly dragged his feet towards ,it picking up yet another pin to place upon the map. Putting his hand on top he leaned his head against the wall, " it seems you're not here either, I'll have to start at a different area soon" he whispered as the small dim light of a lantern extinguished.

Over the course of time since ayame disappeared, he had never stopped searching for her, because he had to take on the responsibility of letting her be taken away and also for the promise he made to her. It was late into the night, and one of the only nights where he could rest, drowsily he looked towards his neatly layed out futon that Senjuro prepared for him everyday.

Despite his caring efforts it usually remained untouched, and that alone was enough to fill his heart with worry. In a state of fatigue, he plopped himself on the futon like a drunk person, without so much as giving the time or energy to pull the covers over his body.

He was on his way to drift off to a deep sleep, but it wasn't long until that too was interrupted by a familiar voice and touch calling him in his mind.

"Ky..."

"Kyo...juro"

"Kyojuro! Wake up"