Ch111 dr

The night was still young and Douma waited quietly, watching ayame's breath slowly calm down with each rise and fall of her body. Along with her breath strands of her hair slowly fell down her cheek, slightly tickling her as her brows furrowed. Douma chuckled with a smile whilst slowly raising himself up, making sure not to move the hand within her palm.

He gently grazed the hair away with the nail of his pointer finger, tucking it behind her ear before turning back and staring out the dark world.

There was many things he wanted to say, many things he wanted to do, but it was all prevented by something uncontrollable like a natural disaster, a man he was supposed to give his very life serving

There was many things he wanted to say, many things he wanted to do, but it was all prevented by something uncontrollable like a natural disaster, a man he was supposed to give his very life serving. He never thought a day would come that his plan of doing just that would've been changed, and now that he finally learned how to feel a concept he tried to learn by faking it, he came to wonder if it would've been better if he never did.

What would his life have been like if he and ayame never met? Would his harsh and unpredictable future been something he could predict? He couldn't help but wonder as the first specks of winter rolled around. Douma's eyes glistened at the sight of a single snowflake slowly float down from the sky, a small tiny thing he never paid attention to until now.

"Look Aya chan, it's snowing, I guess it'll become quite cold soon, hey Aya chan did you notice? While you were gone I've been eating humans less and less, at this rate maybe I can consume only blood like Aya chan, are you proud of me? Will you return to your normal self then? Will you...love me back then if I did?"

Realizing what he was doing he snapped himself out of his delusions with a shake of his head, sighing towards the ground Douma snapped his fingers creating two clones as they popped out of thin air. Directing them as an extension of himself, he watched as their footsteps leave behind small frosted trails, leading up to the blanket by ayame's feet.

The clones slowly pulled the sheets over ayame's body, tucking her in before shattering.

**********

The morning soon came along as the bright rays of sun reflected off the soft snow, blinding those who gaze into it. Whether fortunate or not the sun was not the only thing to wake on this fine morning, the other was a girl with two very different minds sharing one body.

With both her mind and eyes still groggy, she woke up to a very odd predicament. She felt a sensation against her back that was both soft and hard, the same thing also wrapped around her waist and across her shoulders. Her narrowed eyes fell shut once more with a small groan, causing a reaction from whatever wrapped around her as it slightly loosened.

"A...ya chan?"

She heard a familiar voice call out to her from above, tilting her head up to the side ayame's vision gradually cleared up to the sight of Douma with an anxious and god forsaken expression.

"Douma?"

The silvery voice he had longed to hear call his name finally returned, it was no longer that honeyed and hateful voice of a person who longed for his death in disguise of her, causing a tear to fall down to her cheek.

Ayame's eyes slightly flinched from a flutter of her lashes, hooking a hand on the arm that wrapped around her she spoke in that same voice.

"What's wrong? Why are you crying?"

She asked, a contrast to her usual reply since she could tell that these tears were genuine. Normally he would've been hollering and creating a ruckus, but instead he stayed in silence with his own heart. Ayame wondered if she should congratulate him on finally feeling emotions like he always wanted, but was hesitant because it wasn't a pleasant emotion he was feeling, not knowing that it wasn't his first.

"Is it really Aya chan?"

"Mhm"

"The real Aya chan I know?"

"Ee, the real Aya chan"

Both his eyes and mouth widened with the tips of his fangs just barely peaking out, and a waterfall began pouring out of his eyes.

"Waaaahh I'm so glad! I thought it would be that mean Aya chan again~"

He whined as he snuggled up to ayame as if she were a cat, giving her a tight enough squeeze to almost crush her under his larger body.

"D-Douma are you trying to kill me?"

She grunted while tapping her hand repeatedly on his upper arm, in attempt to make him let go which he reluctantly did.

"Sorry I'm just so happy Aya chan is back to normal"

"Well, not for long..."

She said in a low whisper, so quiet it could've been mistaken for a thought if not for Douma asking.

"Hmm? Did you say something Aya chan?"

"Nothing, nothing at all... now that I remember, what was that about me being married to you? Was that another prank of yours?"

She questioned in a attempt to quickly change the topic, putting Douma on the spot since he hadn't thought of a good excuse to use. Leaning forward ayame adjusted herself to face Douma who nervously scratched the side of his cheek, putting more pressure on him from ayame's stare.

"Ahaha...about that"

"Yes?"

"You see Aya chan, it was a random on the spot excuse, since I wasn't sure what to say that would make aya chan stay with me at the time, so I just blurted out marriage..."

Batting his lashes at her he attempted to play innocent, especially since this was the last way he wanted her to find out about his feelings towards her.

"Really? Has there even been any marriages between demons"

"I suppose not"

Douma pouted with a disheartened expression.