ch9

Ayame who had heard about his recovery hurriedly went to look for him without so much as a thought.

"muzan!" she had a bright smile on her face as she ran to his estate with a head full of sweat, but her happy expression was quickly replaced with a frightened one. she was horrified at the scene she saw before her, everyone was brutally killed and the whole place was painted red. trembling like a scared animal she ran through the house slamming door after door open but muzan was never to be found.

She didn't know whether to be devastated or slightly hopeful, if his body wasn't found he is bound to be alive right? she desperately looked for him for days on end to no avail.

a year had gone pass and it was winter with still no signs of muzan, she was on her way back home to her family shrine carrying fire wood while looking over the horizon when she smelled blood. there had been rumors of man eating monsters on the loose circulating around town, reminded of that fact the colour on her face drained like water as she dropped the wood in her hands.

hurriedly running up the snowy hill ayame entered the house panting when she saw her mother lying there lifeless and her father in a corner being slowly devoured by a demon. she clasped her mouth shut and gasped catching the attention of the demon.

Taking a few steps back ayame turned at the balls of her feet and ran out as fast as she could, not wasting a single second for hesitation but she was only human, the demon eventually managed to catch up to her like a ghost ripping her back with its claws.

Rolling down onto the cold ground the demon pinned her down, she could feel it's breath blowing on her face as it's teeth moved in closer.

in attempt to survive ayame kicked the demon with all her strength off of her with a foot, hurriedly stumbling up to her feet she ran with blood trailing behind her. It felt as if time was still, her surroundings were quiet with only the fading sound of her breath lasting, in extreme pain she was starting to lose consciousness when ayame saw a familiar figure under the bright moon,

 It felt as if time was still, her surroundings were quiet with only the fading sound of her breath lasting, in extreme pain she was starting to lose consciousness when ayame saw a familiar figure under the bright moon,

her eyes widened and she shouted

"muzan! what are you doing here get away"

she tried to grab his hand and run but she was astonished by his strength and he didnt budge. "muzan?" she said in confusion.

the demon caught up to them and before she could react she saw the demon kneel before him.

"muzan sama"

"what?" Ayame who was shocked slowly looked at muzan wide eyed and horrified, his eyes were red like a demons with crescent irisis like a cats. she let go of muzan in disbelief

"muzan what happened to you did you cause all of this?"

she was starting to lose strength from all the bleeding, with only the little bit of adrenaline left to keep her standing.