Ch88 dr

She went back the next morning helping out the people at the butterfly estate with the new injured hunters that came in everyday, holding a tray of medical equipment she followed shinobu into a patient room.

They worked quickly and efficiently, making sure everyone had received enough treatment for them to make a full recovery. While ayame helped change the bandages on the patient's wound she couldn't help but admire shinobu, she was able to instantly make an effective antidote with just one look of the situation a rare talent she had never seen in her thousand years of living.

"Phew... now then is there anyone else that needs treatment?"

Shinobu said clapping her hand together next to her cheek.

"I think that's everyone for today, you should get some rest it must be hard treating so many people without any rest"

Tying the last knot ayame picked up the medical tray and turned towards shinobu.

"Oh I'm quite alright, but I will once I finish up with everything"

Shinobu grabbed the tray out of ayame's hands walking out of the room towards her office, ayame decided to sit out on the engawa to pass time now that she had nothing to do. Making her way outside she heard a sudden once in her head.

"Ayame"

"Yes, Oyakata sama do have orders for me?"

"Indeed but it isn't anything big like last time, I would like for you to go on a patr- cough cough"

A wet cough emerged from his voice barely allowing him to finish his sentence, And based on the severity of his illness ayame had guessed that it wasn't a normal course but one with the company of blood.

"Oyakata sama are you alright? Would you like for me to bring some medicine?"

"I am alright ayame, this is the result of the curse on our family so please don't worry to much about it, i would like for you to patrol the town near the willow forest and gather some information while eliminating any demons that come across your way, I have sent tanjiro to help support you"

She felt pained by his words, a kind and caring man that didn't deserve any of this suffering had been forced to live with such restrictions all because of a simple man. "Just how much suffering does he need to cause before he's satisfied?" She thought.

"...orders received"

She replied, and with almost a perfect timing tanjiro came around the corner of the engawa waving with a bright smile.

"Ayame san!! It's good to see you again, it seems we have a mission together I'll be in your care"

"Hai it has been awhile, give me a moment to grab my uniform and katana"

Ayame smiled rising to her feet she made a quick trip back to the rengoku estate along with tanjiro to change into her uniform. Putting on a haori she pulled her hair out from under, sliding on her gloves she swiftly grabbed her katana and prepared to leave.

She met up with tanjiro outside who was chatting with kyojuro and Senjuro, quietly she joined in on their chat.

"Ah nee-san! Are you leaving already?"

"Yes, we need to get there by sunset, we will be there for a few days if things go as planned"

Senjuro's eyes downturns at the news of not being able to see them for a long time, but nevertheless he didn't say anything.

"Well then! Good luck on your mission young kamado ayame!"

Kyojuro cheered with a fist held in the air.

"Hai thank you Rengoku san"

********

They arrived at the promised location, everything was oddly peaceful for a place warranting an investigation almost like something or someone is lurking in the background. The two of them began by asking around the few people still out if anything strange had happened, and luckily they reported none such phenomenon has occurred.

"It looks like there isn't demons in this area, where shall we go next?"

Tanjiro asked waving off a villager whom he had just interviewed.

"I suppose we should check the willow forest over there, demons tend to reside in such places that doesn't receive much sunlight, if there's any demons our best bet would be a place like that"

Tanjiro nodded with a hum as he walked up beside ayame heading over towards the paved road leading to the said forest.

"Ayame san, once the battle is over what are you planning on doing?"

Ayame's eyes slightly widened from his sudden question, she had always been focused on the past and present that she never gave any real thought for the future and at the same time she never needed to or couldn't. She looked down towards tanjiro whom was smiling at her with the same gentle smile he always had, looking up towards the branch covered sky she hummed.

"Hmm... I'm not sure, I had never thought about it since once muzan is defeated I would most likely die along with him, just like every demon created by him do, but if I do somehow manage to survive I suppose I'll go back to my family shrine, that is if it still exists"

"I'm sure it does, and that means I'll just have to work harder to find a cure to turn demons back into humans!"

He chuckled brightly along with ayame, raising a hand she gently patted him on the head.

"I'm not sure if my body will be able to handle it after living for a thousand years, but it's something to look forward to"

They stood in the middle of the forest, putting on their serious expressions they started to work. Ayame took the high group amongst the top of the trees while tanjiro stayed on the ground, and just as they had expected demons did indeed lurk here but only low level ones comparable to the strength of a bear.